“Great Stay!”
Review of Hot Springs Inn

Hot Springs Inn
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Ouray
Reviewed September 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed in mid August of 2013...the ladies that checked us in immediately made us feel we were staying with friends, We only asked for one night, but loved the hotel and Ouray area so much we stayed 3 and wanted to stay more. The staff (everyone we came in contact with) was so friendly & helpful! Our room was so very comfortable and extremely clean! Our view was magnificent! We think it was a great value! The hot tubs were wonderful after a day of "hiking"!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We go to Ouray Co. frequently on our mountain vacations. It is a beautiful area to spend time. Our neighbors go there a lot as well. They have stayed at this Inn several times and recommended it to us. Wow! It was great! What a gem in the Mountains. The rooms were spacious, beds (2 King size in every room) were fantastic. Clean!!!!! And the balacony looking over the river....what can I say! We thoroughly enjoyed! The staff is wonderful. Very friendly and helpful. We will be back!

Room Tip: All rooms have great view!!!!!
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Two of us who are good women friends, middle-aged, shared a room in early August. We booked in advance and had a slightly discounted rate, so I thought that we might get a lesser room of some kind. It was only one step down from luxurious four star! Whoever designs the rooms does it with both a fun, refined eye and and emphasis on comfort. We had two King beds, a small area for sitting and reading, double sinks, a private toilet/shower, plenty of storage space, gas fireplace, TV, wireless, excellent lighting - and a lovely balcony overlooking the river with chairs for sitting. We felt safe keeping the window open all night and were soothed by the sound of the river. Super-comfy firm beds! Though the place was booked solidly, ambient noise from other rooms was not an issue - the place is solidly constructed.
We ended up staying an extra night (two total) because Ouray is an excellent location for exploring expensive Telluride. It rained a lot, so we didn't hike as we thought we might, but got in some decent walks from the hotel. Town hot springs were easy to walk to, and we enjoyed them. Good food and fun shops in town.
I would definitely repeat my stay!!
Room for improvement: quality of wifi, lose the styrofoam dishes for the Continental breakfast. (Folks: it lasts FOR EVER, just in increasingly tinier pieces.) Irritant: Some man across the river keeps his halogen-like porch light on all night - Sir, there is no need - let the stars reveal themselves!

Room Tip: If you are physically fit, I recommend a second floor room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Linda D
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Friendly owner. Nicest place in Ouray. Such comfortable beds. Right on the river and walking distance to the hot springs public pool. There is a walking path right in front of the hotel. the handicap accessible room is perfect. Really nice, full breakfast. And, of course, Ouray is beautiful.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Amazing! We loved our stay at the Hot Springs Inn! The staff are extremely helpful and very considerate. Laundry, several jacuzzis, comfortable, clean rooms with two king beds and private deck looking overlooking the river. Plus a fireplace:) I only reserved one night and after I saw the place I went down to the desk to ask for more time! We had two young children with us who are very energetic (to say the least), and the staff was so great with them. I thought the continental breakfast was very nice. Everything we needed in a comfortable setting complete with beautiful, wooden tables and chairs. But I think that this last reason is definitely the most important. When I walked in I felt like I was staying with family. It's just a cozy feeling you get when you're there. I've told everyone I know that they should stay there when they visit Ouray or the surrounding area. All of this at a super decent price. Great value! We will go back again and again:)

Room Tip: All the rooms are great but I would call ahead and ask for one on the second story for a better view...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2013

This is a very comfortable riverside spot, very large room with two king beds and nice little deck overlooking the river although we were a bit worried to see the river rising as the rain came down. We received a very friendly welcome as I wasn't sure if I was in the right place! We were given lots of useful information about local attractions and places to eat. There is a lot to do in the area and this would certainly be a good base to spend a few days, we were only visiting for one night unfortunately, but would return if in the area. Continental breakfast was OK, but generally a good value stop. Did have the best night's sleep - the bed was really comfy but you do need a step ladder to climb into it!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Unusual for hotel to have two king beds. Very clean, and the rooms have balconies with river running behind. I did not love the western decore in the room, a cowboy boot on the wall with fake flowers, but a very beautiful area and a great place to stay. The breakfast was average. The price is amazing for what you get . $120.00 with tax.

Room Tip: They are all good.