“Everything was perfect!”
Review of Hot Springs Inn

Hot Springs Inn
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Ouray
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I booked the Hot Springs Inn for one night after reading many great reviews on Trip Advisor. I can't say enough good things about our experience at this hotel! After staying in several "decent but nothing special" hotels during a family road trip, our expectations were pleasantly exceeded here.

Front desk staff were very friendly and extremely helpful upon check in, they took time to show me good restaurants and recommended hikes on the local map. I had requested a room on second floor and sure enough, we ended up with corner room 201 overlooking the river. The room was perfect, two comfortable King beds, a fireplace, sitting area for happy hour, nice sized balcony, excellent shower, ceiling fan, fridge, and microwave in addition to coffee maker. The best part of all was the fact that we could open our windows wide for a gentle nighttime breeze and to listen to the rushing river right outside.

We decided to grill instead of eating out, and the Hot Springs Inn has a nice area with two grills, a huge 4-person glider swing, picnic table, and adirondack chairs so you can enjoy sitting around while using the grill next to the river. (Be aware: the only grocery store in town, Duckett's, closes at 6 pm so you have to plan ahead.)

Laundry facilities are onsite, and you use your room key to access them in the main building. The front desk can give you change for the coin operated machines.

Our room was spotless and the grounds were well-kept. The exterior of the buildings and main office look a bit outdated, like old Swiss wannabes, but inside the decor was fun and modern. Free continental breakfast is served in the main building, and free WiFi that worked well.

Again, can't say enough good things - wish we could have stayed several nights. Will definitely return.

Room Tip: We enjoyed room 201 on the upper corner, it had an extra side window we could open at night to let t...
1  Thank Steamboat323

Reviewed June 27, 2012

This place is a gem. Everything here was perfect plus. We had a great time and would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IDRYER
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I love this place! Right after I walked into the door, I walked back into the office and added a second night. The two king beds were amazingly comfortable. Everything was nice, and looked new. The view of the river and the balcony were perfect after a days hike. Mary, along with all the other employees were super nice and helpful. The breakfast was great, and out of the 5 places I stayed while I was on vacation, this place was the best! I would recommend this place to EVERYONE I know! This hotel and the town of Ouray will always hold a special place in my heart, and I will return one day and spend my entire vacation here, not just 2 nights! please don't stay any where else... You will be missing out! All the guest seemed as happy as we were. My mom and sister slept late, and I went into the lobby and talked Mary's ear off. She gave me great suggestions on planning our day, and she is very interesting and intelligent lady. Thanks Hot Springs Inn for a wonderful stay! I will be back!! I would give it more stars if I could. **********

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Dixie F
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Relaxing, right next to the river. You can open your windows to let the breeze in. King beds were great, but almost too soft. Great, friendly staff, everything we needed. Great location too, close to everything. A nice retreat from a long day of travel.

Room Tip: Nice corner room, liked lower level, right next to the river.
2  Thank Geri T
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I've got to say this is a good place to stay in Ouray --- highly recommended. On the other hand, the decor is a bit dated and you better like the cowboy/western theme. But you are in the Colorado Mountains, so go with it! The staff are very friendly and love to tell you about the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ZaphodTheTraveler
Reviewed June 18, 2012

What an incredible stay! We liked it so much, we cancelled our previous plans and stayed two extra nights! We were fortunate they had availability! The king sized beds were incredibly comfortable, the rooms were nice and every room has a view of the river! I felt like we were staying with friends, the staff are so friendly and the environment was comfortable and welcoming. We will definitely come back. I miss being there already!

2  Thank ldsiebs
Reviewed June 17, 2012

My family of four stayed here for two nights of our 16 day vacation and loved it! The room and beds were so comfortable, king beds were a nice bonus. The breakfast was very basic, but adequate. The staff was incredibly friendly! The balconies overlooking the river was great, left the window open for the sound of the running water which was awesome! This hotel is on the outskirts of town which was great for us. We would definitely stay here again. This was such a special town!

• Stayed: June 2012