“Fresh and Delicious!”
Review of Cavallo's Restaurant - CLOSED

Cavallo's Restaurant
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Contemporary, Soups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Cavallo's Restaurant is located below street level, down a beautiful spiral staircase, in one of the most unique and beautiful settings in the region. Spacious and welcoming, this space takes you into New Orleans from the first note of music to hit your ears and the first bite of food to touch your tongue. Dine with us for a quick bite or four courses. As is the case throughout the Big Easy, one rule applies. . . Be Nice or Leave. The rest is easy . . . Hours: 7am - 2 pm breakfast, brunch, lunch 530 pm - close (about 9 pm) dinner Thursday thru Monday CLOSED TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY
Reviewed March 24, 2014

After looking at several different reviews at Ouray restaurants, we decided to give Cavallo's a try. Unfortunately, I had a late lunch so wasn't too hungry. The cheese platter that was being served looked amazing! (Guests next to us thoroughly enjoyed it!) They were showcasing a local cheesemaker. I had a caeser salad (boring choice,I know) but it was very good. My husband had the duck andouille gumbo and LOVED it. He also had a smoked salmon caeser salad and it was a very generous serving. The salmon was moist and melted in your mouth. Service was friendly and efficient!

1  Thank annieG740

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Went at 8 on a Saturday and got right in. The place began to fill by 9.
Very special breakfast. Different menu than other places. And very reasonable prices

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Had lunch/breakfast here with my husband. He had an omelette with this amazing ham on it. I had the shrimp po' boy instead of the server recommended roast beef sandwich with au jus. Wish I'd had the roast beef, saw it headed to another table. The bread on my sandwich was good, French bread. I ended up eating the bread and shrimp, the lettuce, onions and tomato were too soggy. Thought about having a Bloody Mary, the server even brought us a sample which was very nice of him. Our server was great actually, best part of this meal. A little disappointed overall but I would still love to try this place for dinner, I think that's where they will shine!

Reviewed February 1, 2014

I love this place! I eat here all the time! I love Sid's creativity! The food is so delicious! I love that it is not traditional, like something you could get anywhere. Everything is so fresh and just delicious! :)

1  Thank faithndaivd
Reviewed January 26, 2014

here is a restaurant that has an identity crisis. It tries to be fancy but pulls off nothing. I have been here twice and will never go back. I just had crab cakes and they were very fishy. Something I have never experienced. The rest was Generic food you will pay too much for.

1  Thank benny3030
Cavallos, Owner at Cavallo's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

We are terribly sorry to hear that you have had an unpleasant experience here at
Cavallo's, as we try our very best to provide a quality product to please each and every customer. We always appreciate feedback, be it positive or negative. However, in order for us to address your complaints about our establishment, it is best that you speak to us in person when you are here. We would welcome a conversations of useful suggestions on how we may improve. Please stop by next time you are in town and we can discuss how to improve your dining experience.