“Looks better than it is.”
Review of Cavallo's Restaurant - CLOSED

Cavallo's Restaurant
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Contemporary, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Cavallo's Restaurant is located below street level, down a beautiful spiral staircase, in one of the most unique and beautiful settings in the region. Spacious and welcoming, this space takes you into New Orleans from the first note of music to hit your ears and the first bite of food to touch your tongue. Dine with us for a quick bite or four courses. As is the case throughout the Big Easy, one rule applies. . . Be Nice or Leave. The rest is easy . . . Hours: 7am - 2 pm breakfast, brunch, lunch 530 pm - close (about 9 pm) dinner Thursday thru Monday CLOSED TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY
Reviewed January 26, 2014

here is a restaurant that has an identity crisis. It tries to be fancy but pulls off nothing. I have been here twice and will never go back. I just had crab cakes and they were very fishy. Something I have never experienced. The rest was Generic food you will pay too much for.

1  Thank benny3030
Cavallos, Owner at Cavallo's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

We are terribly sorry to hear that you have had an unpleasant experience here at
Cavallo's, as we try our very best to provide a quality product to please each and every customer. We always appreciate feedback, be it positive or negative. However, in order for us to address your complaints about our establishment, it is best that you speak to us in person when you are here. We would welcome a conversations of useful suggestions on how we may improve. Please stop by next time you are in town and we can discuss how to improve your dining experience.

Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in Cavallo's at 2pm for late lunch & found them open & still serving their lunch and brunch menu! My husband had a hot ham & cheese on toasted sourdough and a bowl of gumbo - delicious!!!! I had the daily omelet special - a Philly Cheese Steak Omelet!!! It was scrumptious!!! Fun servers who knew the menu well and local "to-do" advice!!! Great find & fully recommend!!

1  Thank BEAUFORTTRAVELLER
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I am a bit of a food snob and I have to say the food quality and value at Cavallo’s is fantastic! The service was equally as impressive. The menu is unique and it's obvious the chef takes much pride in pleasing the guest. I had a creole eggs benedict and my little one had homemade apple pancakes. The organic, fair trade coffee was delicious! The flavor of our meals was amazing!! Cavallo’s is my new favorite place to eat breakfast as it tops any other place I have tried on the western slope of Colorado. If you like homemade food that is better than what you could have made from home, and if you want a good meal that isn’t road food, you will truly appreciate Cavallo’s!

3  Thank Jenn-n-Bear
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Wow...what a pleasant surprise. I was passing thru town and stopped for a late breakfast. A very galmiorus place that has a very comfortable feel. The service, food and pricing were great. The coffee was a blend of the owners taste. It is very good. I ended up buying a bag.
While sitting waiting on my breakfast I looked at the restaurant decor. Very nice New Orleans touch. Something you don't see in the mountains. Very nice. The place has room, unlike some of the restaurants in the near by towns. I also noticed that you can see team work behind the restaurant. Even the menu has the signs of team work. I met the owners and made a complement to them on how nice of an idea they have put together. And the food was delicious. I wished I was able to try out their dinners.
Thanks for a great experience in the mountains

1  Thank JTname
Reviewed January 8, 2014

The food is great at Cavallo's and the service was outstanding. Along with the Bon Ton restaurant, Cavallo's rates as one of my favorites when I visit Ouray!

1  Thank TransplantedTexan8