TripAdvisor
Ouray
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews great hosts breakfast was amazing each morning gourmet breakfast an amazing cook hot springs rooms are comfortable mini fridge hiking trails home away from home fresh fruit connie canyoneering bnb accommodations town colorado
Selected filters
Reviewed May 11, 2018

Greg and Connie provided a clean, comfortable and well decorated room, including a small refrigerator and a bathroom with the softest towels. I enjoyed the quiet privacy of the downstairs area where guests stay, and the delicious breakfasts served every morning at a time of my choosing. But most of all, I enjoyed the family like conversation and local knowledge my hosts provided during my week long stay with them.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 18, 2017

We booked this place for a stay in Ouray. Our goal was to have a quiet place that was convenient to hiking in Ouray. We found it to be that, plus the added pleasure of Connie's great breakfasts, nice chats with Connie and Greg and a beautiful, quiet room in which to rest and relax after busy days.
We were treated to guest passes so we could enjoy the recently remodeled Ouray Hot Springs at no added cost to us. Was fun to sit in the warm waters as snow fell from the evening sky!

Room tip: We chose the room farther from the street. It was very quiet and comfortable.
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

Kristen and I stayed at Bridal Veil Bed an Breakfast in Ouray for a night after not seeing each other in a long time. We enjoyed Connie and Greg a lot! They were fun to speak
With and knowledgeable about the area! We had a great dinner at Bon Ton and Greg directed us on a nice hike. Would stay again!

Date of stay: November 2017
Reviewed September 27, 2017 via mobile

We had a nice stay with Connie and Greg, they accommodated us at the last minute as everything in Ouray was full. They room was very nice and quiet, easy to get to from town and easy access into the room. Connie made us a great breakfast and sent us on our way. We would definitely stay there again, friendly hosts and a nice place.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2017

I was traveling with my 18 year old daughter, my brother, and his 13 year old son. We stayed 3 nights and were in the area to jeep.
It's hard to give Connie and Greg anything but a 5 star rating, but to be fair to those who come behind I believe it's important to mention a few things...
1. Connie and Greg are first rate hosts. They met us at the door, made a point of knowing our names, and were willing to serve breakfast at whatever time we wished. They (Greg especially) made sure we knew where we were going and loaned us his jeeping guide book for the three days which turned out to be very helpful.
As with other B&B's, be prepared to share meal time with Connie and Greg. They are filled with stories, suggestions, and laughs. We enjoyed it, but others may not.
2. The accommodations were above average but not spectacular. They were very clean but the rooms don't have any views and there is no sitting area to visit, read, or enjoy a drink or snack in the evening. That said, they've made the most of the space they have and can only do so much.
3. The food. We really enjoyed two of the three breakfasts while we were there, but the third not so much. That's a matter of personal preference. Connie made sure we were stuffed each morning which we appreciated after long days on the trail. My recommendation is to let Connie know ahead of time what you like, and she will make it. We especially liked the breakfast casserole and the crepes (served in the same breakfast). Also, we're not coffee drinkers and would have liked hot chocolate but not a big deal.
4. Whether you're one couple or two, you get the place to yourself so you don't have to worry about sharing with someone else. That was nice.
Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, but not sure I would have brought my wife had we been looking for a quiet weekend get away. This is a place that's more practical and for those who really just need a place to stay after being out all day, some wonderful hosts, and a filling breakfast.
5. The wi-fi was hit and miss.

Room tip: Ask Connie what your breakfast options are before you arrive.
Date of stay: July 2017