“Too many flies joined us”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Silver Nugget Cafe - CLOSED

Silver Nugget Cafe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Waitstaff
Saint Robert, Missouri
“Too many flies joined us”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

We went to this restaurant because my son thought it looked like a little diner. When we got inside, the flies started to come around our table. We were hoping for a good experience since my son doesn't pick a restaurant often, so we ordered sausage and gravy, pancakes, and an omelet. The food wasn't bad. The pancakes were really good and my son said the gravy wasn't bad, but the sausage had casing on it and there were a few pieces that were hard to chew. My husband said his omelet was good, but by the time we got our food, the flies were so bad that we ate really fast to avoid the flies landing on our food. The waiter was nice enough, but had to walk with his legs spread because his pants hung so low, that is something that I just don't like to see. This is the only restaurant that I didn't look at on Trip Advisor, but we were in a hurry and tried to get something quick.

• Visited August 2012

Greenville, TX
“Don't bother”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

Food not very good. This was a wonderful restaurant a few years back but average on it's best days now.

Visited October 2011
Montrose, Colorado
“Poor Service, Average Food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

Server acted like he wished he were somewhere else. Brought the food, didn't check back for coffee refills or condiments on the table until asked. Was eating his meal nearby, and going outside for cigarette break. The most obvious issue were his having to hold up his saggy pants, with one hand, while serving the dishes with only one hand! Yuck, won't be going back there-

Lakewood
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beware”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

This is the first time I have ever written a merchant review, but the experience my family and I had on July 22, 2012 warrants my time. This was by far the worst service and food I have ever had at a restaurant. People should not waist their money or time at this establishment. Unfortunately, we found out after the fact this restaurant is not recommended by all local merchants and residents we talked to later in the day. Several other non-related merchants stated they continue to hear the same story from many of the folks visiting Ouray and wish they could do something about it as it drags down their businesses as well. The Silver Nugget was the only merchant/restaurant in Ouray I would stay away from, all others were friendly and very much appreciated our business.

1 Thank Stephen J
Montrose, Colorado
“Good Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

Brian was the greeter and waiter. He was pleasant and attentive to my needs. I had a standard breakfast, eggs, sausage, hashbrowns and it was very good. While there were no condiments on the table when I first entered, Brian brought them without being asked. The place was clean and orderly. An old gent came in with his dog and he and the dog seemed to know everybody. While the cook was slow, it seemed that everyone was being served in a timely manner and I heard no complaints. There was a guy who kept coming in to get a glass of water, acting like he owned the place, come to find out out he was the owner's son: He was overdressed! When I went to pay for my meal Brian informed me that they didn't take plastic, which I thought was unusual for a tourist town. When I told him that was all I had, he said not to worry and to just mail him a check. While I found it unusual that they didn't take plastic, I was not confused by Brian's response because that's the way mountain people behave. The restaurant was a laid back place with both staff and customers being warm and friendly. I've lived in CO for almost 40 years and have graduated from a couple of colleges here. I'd highly recommend the Silver Nugett for casual dining unless you are one of those people who have an inappropriate sense of entitlement and walk around with a stick up their a@@. Oh, and don't forget to ask for Brian. Montrose Tom