“step back in time”

Ouray Alchemist Museum
Ranked #1 of 35 things to do in Ouray
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Just a lovely 90 min private tour of an old time Pharmacy/Museum. The store temporarily closes and the owner walks you back in time in an actual old time restored Pharmacy with all the trappings , medications, stories, and history . The owner is very passionate about the museum and it shows. Anyone who loves history should absolutely take the opportunity to visit if nearby Ouray, CO.

2  Thank yobrooks
OurayAlchemist, Owner at Ouray Alchemist Museum, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Thank you for your review. We hope you spread the story as the museum will get bigger and better with time. Curt

All reviews
"hour tour"
"highlight of our trip"
"in town"

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We stopped by because of the reviews of others on this site and we are so glad we did. It was the highlight of our trip. Curt was so nice, funny and knowledgeable. You can not beat the price as others have said it was worth way more. We learned so much in a fun and personable way. He has such a neat collection and a wonderful presentation. I would recommend this to everyone. Thanks Curt. Nicole and Keith, Lafayette, Colorado.

2  Thank Niki V
OurayAlchemist, Owner at Ouray Alchemist Museum, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm pleased you enjoyed the tour. My goal is to make the expierence even better. I hope you come again. Curt

Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed this tour!!! Curt ("Doc") is extremely knowledgeable and is a huge collector. He has the best sense of humor and made it so interesting and fun!!! It is only $5.00 and worth more!!! A must see if you are in Ouray! Thanks Curt!!! Steve and Kathleen Baca, Bayfield, CO.

1  Thank Kathleen209
OurayAlchemist, Owner at Ouray Alchemist Museum, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Thank you both for your review. I loved our time together and hope you both come back again. Curt

Reviewed September 9, 2013

This tour is private and only 5 dollars per person. The guy is extremely entertaining and informative. I truly enjoyed this tour and is a must do if in area of ouray co.

1  Thank Andrea S
OurayAlchemist, Owner at Ouray Alchemist Museum, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

Thank you for your review. We hope you come again as the collection will expand with time, Curt

See more reviews
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We loved the tour of the Alchemist Museum and I highly recommend it to anyone interested in old pharmacist techniques and antiques. The owner/curator is one of the most knowledgable people I've ever spoken with on these practices and he has a very obvious love and passion for the subject. His collection of antiques is impressive, but even more impressive is his knowledge and story about each and every piece! We took the last tour of the day and he was more than happy to stay late and share more information. There were antiques I had never seen or heard of until this museum. Ouray is one of my favorite mountain towns, and this is a museum that we will continue to visit each time we come to Ouray because I'm sure the collection will grow.

2  Thank mrandmrs42011
OurayAlchemist, Owner at Ouray Alchemist Museum, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Thank you for your kind response. We hope the make the expierence even better.Curt