“What a find in a very small place”
Review of Beaumont Grill - CLOSED

Beaumont Grill
Cuisines: Bar, Grill, Soups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: .
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Our hotel owner recommended this restaurant. We thought it might be fairly good and we liked the fact that we could take our dog on the lower patio. Well, what a surprise. The food was unbelievable and the service tops. We started with the brie, which I would highly recommend. I had a steak, tender and very favorful. My wife had the risotto, which was also very good. The waiter was excellent, even brought the dog some water. This is a real jewel. We liked it so much we stopped in again on our return trip through Ouray.

1  Thank jes22

Reviewed September 18, 2013

My husband and I were looking for a small intimate restaurant after a rainy day and found it in Ouray, Colorado. The Beaumont Grill is part of the Beaumont Hotel, a 12 room boutique hotel, downtown Ouray. Barry, our server was attentive and informative on what they are known for. We started with a couple of local Colorado brews, Avery's White Rascal and IPA, delicious. Along with the brews we enjoyed a cup of buffalo chili that warmed us up on a cool evening. We decide to share the Milan Rosemary- Balsamic Greens, a good decision. Arcadian field greens tossed with their house Rosemary-Balsamic vinaigrette, toasted pine nuts, roma tomatoes topped with pesto gorgonzola lavash. Phenomenal. We also shared the Colorado Ribeye Steak, 12 ozs, plus roasted garlic potatoes, seasoned asparagus and finished with a cognac demi sauce, was perfect for the two of us. No room for dessert after that. Definitely a must when passing through on RT 550.

1  Thank Shayne U
Reviewed September 18, 2013

THis bistro is in an intimate space in the fabulously restored Beaumont Hotel. The menu is varied and creative. It is also a charming spot for a glass of wine and an appetizer, perhaps in the courtyard on a lovely summer afternoon.

2  Thank Jill C
Reviewed September 15, 2013

....and we liked the food. I had a nice steak (so big I ate half for breakfast next day). Wife had chicken which she liked. Good service. Not too pricey. Good wine list and we had a bottle.
I like Colorado's wine law which allows a couple to buy a bottle and take home what is left over.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

This promising small restaurant in the elegantly restored old Beaumont Hotel was not quite up to the reviews we’ve read. It can serve no more than 25 to 30 guests. Fake mining artifacts provide an old Western ambience, except that the glass wall separating the restaurant from the brilliantly lit adjoining gift shop kind of ruins it. We had a new waiter, a few days on the job, who was friendly but screwed up many things. Worst was bringing me lamb chops (which were quite delicious) instead of the pork chop I had ordered; but the restaurant managed to sell my pork to someone else and didn’t charge for the differential price of the more expensive lamb chops. A large serving of “forest mushrooms” was very tasty. My bacon-wrapped shrimp with pineapple appetizer was inventive but less than excellent. My wife’s trout main course was a bit dry and average at best. The multi-layer chocolate cake ganache was OK.