“Ore House”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Beaumont Grill - CLOSED

Beaumont Grill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Description: .
Murphy, Texas
“Ore House”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

What beautiful surroundings. The Ore House is in a beautiful hotel. Just walking through was a treat, I believe they give tours during part of the day. The food and service was very good but be prepared for sticker shock as it seemed a bit pricey but you do pay for the atmosphere. by the way they do add an automatic 20% gratuity which I thought was a little high though the service was very good but when you consider there were only four of us. Food was good service was good but not worth the price they charge.

Visited July 2012

Boca Raton, Florida
“Nice patio dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

Good food in a lovely setting. Very friendly staff. Take a walk inside the hotel. Stunning.

Visited July 2012
Ouray
“Great food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

Lunch at the Ore House was a wonderful experience. We had lunch on the patio, and the food and service were outstanding. One of the best portebello mushroom sandwiches with sweet potato fries that I ever had. Salads were delicious also.

• Visited July 2012
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
“Relax and Enjoy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

Ouray Ore House? Our group of six had one of the most memorable dinners here, complimented by a friendly, informative and courteous staff. We each selected a different menu item but all agreed theirs was "the best". Me? I've never had better pork chops. Never. We came to four wheel drive the passes and we will return in a few months to explore more, but, be assured after the daylight has waned we will be headed to this wonderful place.

• Visited June 2012
Tucson
“Great trout dinner, but…”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

Note to TripAdvisor: This restaurant was formerly Bulow’s Bistro and is now called Ouray Ore House. Address is 507 Main Street, Ouray, CO.

The wonderful trout dinner my husband and I had at Ouray Ore House almost made up for the very poor service we experienced here. When we arrived for dinner at 7pm, the restaurant was more than half empty. With a chance of rain we opted to sit inside where we watched a half dozen waiters standing around with not much to do but fold napkins. After a bit of a wait, my husband left the table to use the restroom. It was then our waiter appeared to take our order and explain the evening’s special. He was nervous, unsmiling and did not volunteer a price for the salmon special. When the waiter returned later to repeat his speech for my husband, I asked the price of the special and almost fell out of my chair when he said $34. Instead we opted for the rainbow trout at $24.

The service throughout the evening was very slow, especially given the nearly empty restaurant and the numerous available waiters. I was disappointed in the Caesar salad ($10). The lettuce obviously was packaged – at least a third was bits of tough rib sections -- croutons were inedible rocks and the dressing was bland. But the trout, when it finally arrived, was a real delight, flakey and moist with just enough seasoning to enhance and not overpower the fish. The smoky grilled asparagus and wild rice were simple yet delicious additions to the meal.

Our waiter never reappeared during the meal. Finally, another person came over to see how our meal was and to take my husband’s order for a second glass of wine. We might have been tempted by dessert had our waiter bothered to mention it. Plus about that time the rain started, and the diners on the patio flocked inside. Among the chaos, we could only imagine how long it would take to get a simple cup of coffee. As much as we enjoyed the trout, I doubt we would return given the high prices and poor service.

• Visited July 2012