“A very short hike, but moderate.”

Ranked #9 of 35 things to do in Ouray
Reviewed August 29, 2012

It was a very plesant hike up to the falls, but with us visiting in mid-late August, the falls were not too showy. Plan to go earlier in the spring/early summer, and I was told the falls are really gorgeous. I'll return again.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

The water falls are pretty, and offer a fun climb to explore. These falls are also easy to get to, unlike some that are on Jeep roads. A great hike can be made in this area.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

There is a bit of incline to the trail, but another traveler advised me to just go straight ahead rather than cross the bridge. (I had asked them if it was much farther to be able to see the Falls. - they also said if you go left after crossing the bridge, then it leads you up a trail that takes you all the way to the top & brink area of the Falls.) Another traveler was kind enough to take my photo with the falls in the background. What portion I saw was Beautiful. I'm sure for those younger & in better shape the trails on the other side of the bridge give even better views.

1  Thank DnL_Adventures
Reviewed August 4, 2012

This trail offered a short hike to lower cascade falls. The trail was easy and the view was nice. Best of all it was free!

Reviewed July 23, 2012

You can park about 75 yds away from the falls and walk to them. I went to the falls in late July and there was still a good amount of water. I think this was the easiest falls to get to that I have been fortunate enough to see. You can drive there from anywhere in Ouray in about 2 minutes. An easy "must see".

1  Thank JaySt