“stay elsewhere!”

Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Ouray
colorado
“stay elsewhere!”
Reviewed December 31, 2006

We've been to Ouray many, many times. We had stayed in this hotel before, but I guess it was with prior ownership or prior management. The front desk person was rude. The room above us sounded like it would come down through our ceiling -- children running around NONSTOP for hours. We called the front desk to complain a few times, but nothing was done. The room was nice, but there was no way to turn the heater down. We turned it "OFF", but it was 80+ degrees in the room. We had to sleep with the window open in January! We tried to use the hot tub, but it was so filthy (Cloudy water, Scum ring around the hot tub), that we were afraid to get in it.
When we mentioned the problems at checkout, we were told that we shouldn't have come to Ouray to try to relax and rest! We'll be back to Ouray, but NOT TO THE RIVER'S EDGE.

• Disliked — NOISE
  • Tips/Secrets — stay somewhere else
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8 Thank hikerColorado

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Mill Valley, CA
Reviewed October 24, 2005

I chose this place because of the price and that they accepted pets.
From the first phone call to my departure, I felt I was dealing with good people and a "special" place. They were extremely friendly and I really felt it was genuine. The building is first rate, the room was better than I expected for the price and it's in a fine location for walking. It's quiet too. AND, something you rarely find: the other guests were very sociable. The place somehow attracts serious and interesting travelers who are anxious to share their experiences. They were not mindless "tourists". This is the kind of place you start planning to get back to almost as soon as you leave it. It's not lavish, it's just "real".

11 Thank fredcarl
lake havasu city, az
Reviewed July 29, 2005

We stayed at the River's Edge Monday through Thursday nights and it was absolutely perfect for us. I really liked the location, close to everything but not on a busy street. We slept with the windows open every night and we could hear the river flowing right behind our room, very peaceful and relaxing. We stayed in a room that came with a full kitchen and it had everything we needed, which came in very handy since we were travelling with our 2 year old. I would definitely stay here again and would highly recommend it to others. The limited contact we had with the staff was nothing but enjoyable. All around a great place!

• Stayed July 2005
12 Thank jiff926
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 22, 2003

Avoid this place. When I made my reservation, I was told that their cancellation policy was noon the day before. When I cancelled about 1 week in advance, I was told the cancellation policy was 2 weeks. They said they would only charge me 1/2 the normal cancellation fee, but I did not agree with this. I immediately called my credit card company, but the motel had run the charge while I was on the phone with them. Turns out they have different peak and off-peak cancellation policies. I made peak period reservation before the peak season, and I believe I was told the off-peak cancellation policy by mistake. I even provided a copy of the hand written notes I made for our trip indicating what I was told.

• Stayed June 2002