River's Edge Motel
Box Canyon Lodge & Hot Springs(Ouray)(Great Value!)
$139
$138
$122
Ouray Chalet Inn(Ouray)(Great Value!)
$113
Beaumont Hotel & Spa(Ouray)
$189
Comfort Inn(Ouray)(Great Value!)
$96
ComfortInn
  • Breakfast included
Ouray Victorian Inn(Ouray)(Great Value!)
$119
Timber Ridge Lodge Ouray(Ouray)(Great Value!)
$109
Matterhorn Motel(Ouray)(Great Value!)
$120
$120
Hot Springs Inn(Ouray)(Great Value!)
$105
Official Site
All reviewsdog parkthe riverhot tubwafflesin townthe ownerfire pitmain streettwo blockstwo queen bedsplace to staywaffle makeropen hoursbiscuits and gravyrefrigerator and microwavejeep tourrestaurants and shops
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is a very attractive place to stay with all the flowers and hanging baskets. Our room was nice, clean, and quiet. It wasn't extremely large but adequate for a couple of nights. We were on the 2nd floor right near two flights of metal stairs. We could easily hear people going up/down these two flights and were worried that it would be noisy when we were trying to sleep. However, the owners stress the quiet times of 10 pm to 8 am and the guests respected this.

The breakfast was adequate but we would have preferred more hot choices. It would also be great if the breakfast were offered earlier or if the hotel offered a "no breakfast" option at a reduced price. In the summer, we really like to get out and started with our day early especially if we are hiking as the afternoon summer thunderstorms are a real threat.

The location is a couple of blocks off the main road. This didn't bother us but something to consider if you don't want to walk to the shops/restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My husband and I were in Ouray the beginning of July for a six night stay at the River's Edge Hotel. What a wonderful experience this turned out to be. The hotel is in a great location, on the rivers edge with beautiful gardens and views. The room we stayed in was very neat, clean and comfortable with a private terrace. One of the things that made our stay so enjoyable was not only the beautiful hotel, but the beautiful owners. My husband and I have never been treated so friendly in any of our travels. It was the willingness to go one step farther from the owner Dave. He worked from sun up to sun down to insure we guest were taken of. We had rented a jeep for our stay in Ouray and at the end of rental Dave offered to let us wash the jeep there at no charge. I had laundry to do and he gave me the detergent and softener, who does this? They offered a breakfast each morning which was more than adequate and with meals being very expensive in the area, it was appreciated. When we left River's Edge it was very hard. I found myself hugging Dave good bye and promising to return. I would highly suggest anyone traveling into Ouray to give River's Edge a stay, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was our 6th trip to Ouray but our first time staying at the Rivers Edge. From now on this will be where we choose to stay. We loved it. My family/extended family of nine people stayed here on this trip. It was fantastic and made our time in Ouray just perfect. We had two rooms near the river with beautiful views. The grounds of the motel were kept up so nicely - grass, beautiful flowers everywhere, etc. The rooms were very clean, nice, quiet and plenty of room. The motel was a convenient easy minute or two walk to Main Street. The owners/workers at the motel were super friendly and were willing to help us in any way to make our stay wonderful. Breakfast, although small, was a great help to getting us on our way in the mornings. For dinner, we grilled and ate on our balcony - the evening couldn't have been nicer. Everyone from my elderly parents to the kids and everyone in between all loved this motel and I can't say enough great things about it. We're already looking forward to coming back next summer!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Very good motel, unfortunately we had only booked one night and we soon realised that this was a big mistake.. The whole place was great, the grounds were beautifully kept , the room was lovely and the breakfast satisfying. Dave and Chad were very friendly and had some helpful suggestions as to walks etc. Lovely setting by the river but only a minute to main st. We loved Ouray.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I loved River's Edge. Great location. The view was to die for. Clean accomadations with a user friendly kitchen. Breakfast was very good, but the hot fresh cookies were wonderful. I took an extra to go with coffee after a long jeep ride. This is not a fancy motel but if you want a safe family fun atmosphere where you are made to feel very welcome. This is the place for you. Plus they are dog friendly.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple