“Excellent place to stay in Ouray!”
Review of River's Edge Motel

River's Edge Motel
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Ouray
“Excellent place to stay in Ouray!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful nights stay. Excellent value, pet friendly and very courteous owners. Our room was maticulously clean and their continental breakfast provided a great start to our drive home.
Looking forward to staying here again! Best value for your buck in Ouray.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I've stayed at the Rivers Edge in Ouray for the Ice Festival for six years in a row. I really appreciate that the rooms are clean and reasonably priced. With a membership to the "Ouray Ice Park" you can save even more---well worth the investment for me and my friends.

I appreciate that the hot tub is open 24/7 and has towels available right on the deck--- no scrambling around for an extra towel from the room.

The continental breakfast is very good, my only gripe is that I'm an early riser and breakfast doesn't start until 8 a.m. Still, I took advantage of it several times.

I'll be back next year!

Room Tip: The large family rooms with kitchen are a really good deal.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank RodneyJL
Holladay, Utah
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Great pricing for a sizable and comfortable room, couch had pullout, extra sheets/blankets in room with good towel service, located very close to the ice park, excellent continental breakfast (waffles, eggs, cereal, doughnuts, bagels, english muffins, cookies, juice, coffee, bread) and very friendly owners who went the extra mile to ensure our satisfaction. Will only consider this hotel for future (as in next month) trips to Ouray. There's also a hot tub for those chilly nights.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank stoneheart85
Tempe, AZ
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Last year I stayed at the Riverside Inn & Cabins when I went to Ouray to go ice climbing. I stayed in one of the little cabins and it was hard to keep it warm enough in there because you have to use communal bathrooms and showers and each time you open the door you let all the heat out. This year I tried River's Edge instead and it was wonderful. They have a very reasonably priced room with a kitchenette and private bathroom, the heater kept it nice and toasty, the room was incredibly clean with updated decor, and the innkeepers were very nice people. They have a great breakfast (AMAZING fresh-baked cookies!), nice hot tubs, and the hotel grounds are very well maintained. I will definitely be going back to River's Edge next year and highly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ping0ra
Reviewed December 26, 2012

My wife and I stayed at The River's Edge in Ouray, CO last July while motorcycle touring out west.

The owners went above and beyond in their hospitality. Any concerns or questions that we had were immediately addressed, and to be honest there weren't many.

Our room was clean, inviting and restful after a long day of riding in the mountains.

The grounds are beautifully kept, with two hot tubs situated near the river. Very relaxing with a glass of wine gazing out at the mountains, or if you chose to, the pubs and restaurants are within a short walking distance of the motel.

I'm not sure if we'll be returning to Ouray, but if we do I know where we'll be staying.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pmart427
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Really liked the place! Plan to return for our annual visit to Ouray. Owners are very hospitable and take pride in providing comfortable accommodations for their guests. Gorgeous flowers! Owners gave me a nice place to stay after checkout when i wasn't up to a jeep ride with husband and friends.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bev1942
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed November 7, 2012

My husband and I visited the first week of Oct and we choose those dates as they just started their winter rates. We stayed in the motel part of it the first night and moved to a cabin the last two nights! I was surprised that the motel room itself had a "Cabin" look and feel to it. Of course the cabin was great and sat right at the river. The owners were great and very helpful on every level. We will be back and plan on staying here when we return.

Tony and Lisa Jones- Minnesota