“Nice Place to Stay for the Night”
Review of Ouray Chalet Inn

Ouray Chalet Inn
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Ouray
“Nice Place to Stay for the Night”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

We had an unexpected stay in Ouray, and found this place. I'm glad we found it. The room was clean, and the bed was comfortable. We had a good night's sleep while here, and we would stay here again if we are back in Ouray. The price was definitely good, too. We didn't have the chance to try out the hot tub, as it was a quick stay. There's no breakfast in the morning, but this is in downtown Ouray, so there are plenty of places nearby.

There are old style speakers in the room that were playing music. You can turn it off easily by pushing the button, but we enjoyed it. It does go off automatically once the office closes.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 10, 2014

I was there for my daughter and her husband's bbq wedding celebration in June. The owner is such a sweet heart. She made sure if we needed anything to be sure and let her know. The rooms are very clean and the view is 360 degrees of mountains.

Room Tip: Top floor because of the view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Lovely, charming hotel that is close to everything and within walking distance of everything Downtown. We had a restful evening in a comfortable room and kingsized bed. The staff here helpful with local sites, a short trip to Box Canyon.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed and reviewed the Ouray Chalet a couple years ago and since I started there this past weekend I felt I needed to update my review. The hotel is conveniently located on the main street in Ouray. Walking distance to anything in town. I found the room clean and comfortable. The bed was much better than the one in my previous review. The air conditioner is still in the bathroom wall and blows on your back as your stand at the sink. The price was acceptable during a peak vacation weekend. I have changed my opinion and I would recommend it.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Bill H
Florida Keys, Florida
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Situated in Downtown Ouray this hotel was everything we were looking for. We had an entire group and all stayed at this quaint little place. It is walking distance to major shopping and dining and the best part is at night, if you get the right room, the deer come to your window (in the back) Loved our stay, loved the service(early coffee) Loved the price

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sandra C
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in an "economy" room, which means there is no view. But you can just go outside and sit in the common areas, so I don't see this as a big deal. The room had one of those vinyl/fake wood floors instead of carpeting, and I think that was great! Felt very clean. Hotel carpeting is often pretty gross, I wish more places would use alternatives. Everything is very tidy, there is a small fridge and microwave in the room, and you can walk to anything in town. So I think it's a great bargain. Will do it again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bldrcoffeeluvr
Gunnison, Colorado
Reviewed July 14, 2014

The customer service is outstanding: they agreed to mail the eyeglasses I left behind with absolutely no fuss. They were also very polite the few times I called beforehand to secure reservation and when we checked in. Our absolute favorite part of the room was the little box on the wall playing classic swing jazz very quietly - it was quirky and set a mood - and you could turn it off easily by turning the knob. The bedspread was also a cut above. There was a fridge & working cable - I didn't try the wireless. A nice hot tub at the end of the row of rooms with an outdoor seating area. The location is superb - as previous reviews have said, in walking distance to everything in Ouray. It's also the most reasonably priced hotel. The pictures on the website are somewhat deceiving - it's not a mountain lodge with Swiss flair --- the little tower is all that's really European - otherwise, it's your basic American motor inn. I really like motor inns so wasn't upset by this.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple