“Perfect Location, Reasonable Price.”
Review of Ouray Chalet Inn

Ouray Chalet Inn
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Ouray
Reviewed September 18, 2013

The triple threat of great location, clean rooms, and reasonable price make the Ouray Chalet Inn my go-to when in town. Easy to find with great views onto the Amphitheater, you can easily stroll the whole of Main Street to find anything you need. The room was a good size and clean.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing Main Street to benefit from balcony seats to watch the town go by.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Have stayed here the last four years and always have had great service. It is an older motel but very well kept and clean. Easy walking distance to anywhere in the downtown Ouray area. We will be staying there again on our next trip through the Ouray area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Terrific location right in the heart of beautiful Ouray. Fantastic views of the amphitheater from comfortable benches in front of each room. Plus the rooms are very nice and clean. The staff is friendly and the rates are very reasonable.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 3, 2013

It was our romantic long weekend getaway, and we were hoping that all accommodations will be as romantic as our tune… And it was until we arrived to OURAY CHALET INN. My husband and I did research before we did choose hotel to stay in Ouray, we read all reviews and decided that OURAY CHALET INN is the one. When we went to check in; the young lady with really bored face gave us 2 keys and directed us to downstairs. We looked to each other, what does it mean, DOWNSTAIRS we were at ground level? But decided to go with direction and check downstairs. And it was underground basement small smelly room with dirty carpet and windows open to dropped garbage cans on the ground in two feet distance as a view. I started to cry, we did reservation month and halve on advance, we were planning this getaway, we were looking forward to experience this old charm of old town, but defiantly not in the dirty basement with full garbage can right in your eyes level view. The concierge was exactly like this basement, unwelcoming and unsympathetic, when I told her, we’re not satisfied with the room. She accuse us that we didn’t read description when place a reservation , when I showed her print from internet that has nothing about basement accommodations, she accused us that we chose the “Cheapest” room, it was only one price that site offered… Finally, she said, I booked for tonight! You going to take this room or WHAT? We were 5 hours away, on the middle of the mountain, at 6PM in the busiest Labor weekend; it was not brainer we had to take the room, but what aftertaste we had with customer service and whole experience to staying there… Nothing was done, or even attempted to be done to make differences in this situation instead we were put down like little kids who try to cheat. Administration of this hotel should gave exact descriptions to those five basement rooms and train front desk employees how to handle those types of situations, because there are the faces of this beautiful welcoming town… Do I recommended this hotel to my friends, probably not, I would hate to some one of my friends has to experience those embarrassment which we went through with this type of hospitality. For rest of clients and visitors of the town Ouray I will gave an advise, if you don’t want to be surprised with those accommodations, make sure that you call to the hotel and make sure that room you put reservation is not room from #1 through #5 which is in the basement (underground) level.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Dzmitry Z
Reviewed September 1, 2013

The front desk is great, The location is the best, The rooms are spotless and everything works. The chairs out front of the rooms are a great place to people watch, meet new friends and see the mountains. It is walking distance to Cascade Falls and Box Canon Falls and any restaurant and shops in town. We will most definitely stay there next year, only 12 months until we go back, (can't wait) Eddie & Debbie, Hurst Texas

Room Tip: Rooms on the front have a better view , the back would be quieter and we prefer the 2nd floor for th...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My husband and I and 9yr old Grandson stayed here in Aug. There was so much to do and see we stayed 4 days longer. Everything has not changed much in 100 years apparently and so friendly. Great place to hike, and rent jeeps. We drove over to Telluride to take the FREE gondola. It was very pretty but expensive. On the way to Telluride you drive by Tommy Hilfanger's Ranch. I recommend renting a jeep or using a jeep tour, like Swiss Jeep Tours and go up to Imagene pass. It was breath taking and the flowers were amazing. don't forget to take a dip in the outdoor natural heated pool however all the blow-ups and slides for kids close at 6pm but the pool stays open till 9. Our grandson was sad because we got there at 5:39. LOL Great place - definitely going back!!

Room Tip: stay up stairs. lots of motorcycles come in and out!!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2013

The girls at the desk, Ashley & Lora, were more than happy to help with the accommodations and information about the area. Hospitality at its finest! I did have a basement room, but I was there to see the town, mountains and roads. I arrived at night so when I woke up and went outside, OH MY!, what a view, in all directions. My room was nothing extra fancy but very clean and quiet and the bed was perfect for me. I will definitely stay here again and every time I come back to Ouray. Don’t forget to plan extra time to spend in the town. Everything is within walking distance. I had a great dinner at O’Brien’s, lunch at Backstreet Bistro and bought some chocolates and coffee at Mouse’s.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo