“Fantastic stay!”
Review of Ouray Chalet Inn

Ouray Chalet Inn
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Ouray
Reviewed August 21, 2013

The girls at the desk, Ashley & Lora, were more than happy to help with the accommodations and information about the area. Hospitality at its finest! I did have a basement room, but I was there to see the town, mountains and roads. I arrived at night so when I woke up and went outside, OH MY!, what a view, in all directions. My room was nothing extra fancy but very clean and quiet and the bed was perfect for me. I will definitely stay here again and every time I come back to Ouray. Don’t forget to plan extra time to spend in the town. Everything is within walking distance. I had a great dinner at O’Brien’s, lunch at Backstreet Bistro and bought some chocolates and coffee at Mouse’s.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Ouray Chalet Inn

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

I loved it. I'll stay here again ever time I come to Ouray! Helpful, courteous staff. Clean rooms. Everything worked. Free coffee in the lobby. Check in was a breeze. Convenient downtown location. Free parking.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We spent 5 wonderful, but seemingly, very short days in Ouray. The pleasure of our stay was due, in no small part, to the Ouray Chalet Inn. The staff went out of their way to accommodate us and the location is the best in town. When we return to Ouray, we will definitely be staying at the Ouray Chalet Inn. A GREAT place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed August 8, 2013

The room itself was more than satisfactory. Tv, microwave, small refrigerator and coffee maker. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom clean and adequate. The issue that overshadowed my stay was the noise. Motorcycles roaring in and out of the parking lot and the noise from the room above kept us awake at night and woke us each morning. Simple walking from the room above was so loud we could not sleep. All of the rooms were taken so we could not switch rooms. For this reason alone, I would not stay here again unless we had a top floor.

Room Tip: Stay on a top floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Ouray was our first night of a 17 day road trip on our BMW motorcycle. Since our intent was to experience Ouray, we opted for the 'economy room' in the lower level. There was one window looking out into someone's backyard, but the room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The price for these few rooms (4 or 5, I think) were conveniently below the price for other rooms. If we had decided to stay for a weekend, we may have chosen a room on the upper level with better views of the mountains. The front desk was very efficent and as a family owned facility for many years, they could tell me everything I needed to know to get around the town.

If we plan a stop in Ouray again, the Chalet Inn will be our first choice.

Room Tip: 'economy room' if you just need a bed and shower.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This place is a little older to say the least.
However the staff was friendly and helpful, everything seemed clean, and I slept well.
What more could you want.
Maybe a continental breakfast? The refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker in the room allowed us to have a decent breakfast so I'm not complaining.
I'd stay here again.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed here on a family trip this summer. We hadn't planned on staying in Ouray, but once we saw the town, we decided it would be a nice place to stop. The Chalet Inn is basic, but the rooms were clean and comfortable, the owners (who treat this much like a B&B) and the location were great...it's within walking distance of the downtown area and the Box Canyon (do not miss this).

We had one of the suites, which had two separate rooms and a small deck overlooking the river. The view was nice (not outstanding, but nice); but the tranquility of sitting with a glass of wine and listening to the river was very relaxing.

We really enjoyed our short stay... If you're looing for the Four Seasons, this isn't it...but if you want a nice stay in a beautiful little Colorado town, I highly recomend.

Room Tip: The family suite is worth the few extra dollars.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family