Our family of 4 stayed at the Weisbaden Hot Springs and Spa for 2 nights over the 4th and found it to be a very unique experience! The staff was very friendly and did a nice job showing us the different features of the hotel. We stayed in room 5, which was a suite that allowed each of our teenagers to have their own rooms. Our king size bed was very comfortable and the room was well maintained for an older hotel. The room and furnishings felt much like a bed and breakfast style room. Many of the first floor rooms had a covered walkway with benches or chairs outside of the door so that you could enjoy the view facing the landscaped courtyard. The shops on Main Street and Cascade Falls are both a short walk from the hotel making this a convenient location to stay.
The vapor cave under the hotel is a one of a kind type feature that you have to try - even if it is only for 15 minutes because of the heat. The hot springs fed pool was relaxing and warm after a day of sightseeing in the area. My wife and I found soaking the the private Lorelei hot springs pool was well worth the extra fee to really unwind together at the end of the day. The pool offered a great view of the fireworks at night as well!
If you are looking for a new hotel with the latest amenities, this is probably not for you. However, if you are looking for a one of a kind type experience that is also highly reccommended by people who live in the area, this is a great place to stay and experience the hot springs! We will definitely be coming back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nested in a quiet residential neighborhood, right in the center of downtown Ouray, the Wiesbaden Hot Springs Spa & Lodgings offers a wide variety of accommodations and features three different all natural continually flowing mineral hot springs on its premises: the famous Vaporcave, the outdoor swimming pool and the Lorelei, a privately enclosed outdoor spa. All our waters are continually flowing pure mineral springs, not altered with any chemicals or additives. All springs are open year around Guests of the Wiesbaden can enjoy unlimited use of the Vaporcave and the outdoor swimming pool at no extra charge. All rooms feature private bath, satellite TV, free WiFi, free local phone calls, spa robes and towels. There is a garden and a shared lounge. The property offers free parking. Wiesbaden features full range of massage and spa services. Guests of the lodge enjoy discounted rates on the spa services. Wiesbaden is a strictly non-smoking facility and we cannot accommodate anybody who uses tobacco products. Pet friendly accommodations are available. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Wiesbaden Hot Springs Spa & Lodgings Hotel Ouray
- Wiesbaden Hot Springs Spa And Lodgings
- Wiesbaden Hot Springs Ouray