“Great View, Good Beer and Bad Food”
Review of Ouray Brewery

Ouray Brewery
Ranked #6 of 37 Restaurants in Ouray
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Ouray Brewery is open daily. Our brewery has three levels — with fine food and outstanding craft brews offered on each floor. Level one houses our kitchen and intimate pub. Level two offers our main dining area and brewery. And level three boasts the only rooftop patio in the “Switzerland of America” — Ouray, Colorado.Ouray has all the right ingredients — unspoiled scenery and water, a great local community and culture and close proximity to other great breweries. Come join us for a brew and a taste of all Ouray and Ouray Brewery have to offer. Our brewmaster is Jeff Lockhart. His creations include:Alpine AmberAutum Rye AleBox Canyon Brown AleCamp Bird BlondeSan Juan IPASeasonal Brews: Our seasonal offerings include Saisons, Alts, Stouts and Porters. Check with your server when visiting to see what’s currently on tap.
Reviewed July 5, 2011

The title says it all. Go to the brewery for the view from atop the roof, order a beer and enjoy.

1  Thank Edger66
There are newer reviews for Ouray Brewery

Reviewed July 5, 2011

I couldn't even get in the door and out of the way before the "host", jumps in my way and very rudely asks, "Can I help you?" I ask if there's a table and he again responds rudely "We're all full, it'll be at least 40 minutes." I say "Wow, I guess we'll go elsewhere." Again, rude response, " Sorry we couldn't accommodate you."
If you're coming from Durango, don't bother going any further than Silverton, their brewery is nicer... staff, atmosphere, service

2  Thank Trebuddha
Reviewed July 1, 2011

Go to this place. The beer exceeding my expectations for such a small town. My wife had the Saison which was nice and grassy with a nice subtle west coast hoppiness that was overdone. The Brown was malty, roasty and full bodied just a solid brown should be. The menu was great and both our entrees were awesome. One of the owners was tending bar. Had a nice chat with him. Kinda weird customer service that is hard to describe, but he was a self proclaimed beach bum with the accent to prove it. Their logo looks almost identical to the blue moon logo from a distance. Not sure how they missed this. I was freaked out when I walked in when it looked like all their taps were blue moon. Thankfully, they were not and their beer is exceptional. They have more swag with their logo on it than any year old business start up in history so if you want any type of hat or t shirt that is in existence with their logo on it they have you covered. Oh yeah, and they have swings that you sit in at the bar instead of bar stools. Whoever came up with that idea is a genius. Just an added bonus to the experience of great food and beer. Go here.

1  Thank jhammil
Reviewed June 28, 2011

We ate here because we wanted to sit on the roof but it had been rainy earlier in the day so it was closed. The other dining area is on the second level. The menu choices, are limited but seem to be expanding slightly. We ordered wings which were 11 for a small basket and the sweet potato ff which were 7 (? I think). Kids meals are 7. I love sweet potato ff's but these were terrible. The menu says they come firm, to maintain nutrients, but honestly they just tasted raw - who goes to a brewery because their worried about being healthy? Half the menu was gluten-free or vegetarian. Good grief - it's a BAR! How about some regular FF cooked in oil, and some pizzas too? I'm just saying most of the clientele in there probably could have cared less about their gluten intake. The other annoying aspect of this restaurant is that the co-ed bathroom had no paper towels (for the environment) yet every, single, table in the place had a roll of paper towels sitting on them.
I imagine if I had just ordered a glass of wine and sat on the roof, my review of this place would have been excellent but I won't go there again to just eat dinner it's just too expensive and not good to eat.

Reviewed June 25, 2011

The rooftop deck is awesome with best view in town! Loved the beer and had a great selection! Service was good! But.....the food does not meet the quality of the rest. Menu selection is very limited and not a place to go and have dinner. My suggestion: go to The Outlaw for BEST food in town (especially the steaks and live entertainment) and drop into the Ouray Brewery for a beer - either before or after. End the evening at Mouse's for a truffle and coffee.