“Best Burgers in Town”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed July 18, 2014

The hamburgers are delicious and huge. Expensive, but the owner gave us a break on the cost of kids' drinks (drinks are all one price), which we thought was very nice. Low key environment with writing all over the walls and has a college town feel to it but we ate on the front porch and enjoyed a nice view of Ouray.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

My husband and I eat pretty healthy but we decided to have a good old fashion greasy burger, since everyplace else had changed their quality due to new owners.

As far as a burger place goes, it was great despite the outward appearance. It has marking all over the walls from tourists visiting from all over the country and the world. It has a charm to it, its nice to read all the messages and see where everyone is from and when they came.

The owner was a doll, or I assume he is the owner. He noticed my husbands military hat and his cane. He asked about it and inquired if we were locals (were from not far away) my husband told him. He tried to comp our meal, we politely declined, so he tried to comp our drink, we declined, and then he offered to take my husband for a beer, again, we declined. The gentleman needs to make a living and we are aware of this, also, my husband and I are no better than anyone else. The offer was touching.

The food came quick even though it was mildly busy. It was great! I had the mushroom, onion and swiss burger and my husband had their standard burger. They were heaped with cheese and such. The meaning to a greasy burger!

If we ate that way on the regular we would stop again, but like I said we try to eat pretty healthy. This is a nice place to be a bit naughty with your diet!

My sister in law and her kids love the place when they come to visit

Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Great food and an unique experience. The burgers are fresh and the portions gi-normous. The place to go for lunch or dinner! :)

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Took a long time for our order. Condiments were in area where everyone could serve themselves. people could sneeze and cough over them. Young inexperienced people working there. Food was not that great for being in a great area. Tables were not clean.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

If you're into fancy or neat and tidy, then this is not your place. If you like dives with a very good hamburger, then this might be the place for you. The biggest surprise will be your bill. Extra charges for any extras beyond the regular pmco.

Been to Maggie's Kitchen? Share your experiences!