“Music Great, Service/Food Not So” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Saloon at the Historic Western Hotel - CLOSED

The Saloon at the Historic Western Hotel
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Marshall, North Carolina
“Music Great, Service/Food Not So”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

We took a seat on the patio & 10min later the server ran by saying he would be right with us. Another 5 had him at the table and we gave our full order. For Drinks we ordered iced tea, water and a ginger Ale. my side soup arrive, by server, before our drinks. He said he had to go check on them(like we ordered alcoholic drinks) He came back with drinks and the ginger ale was watered down due to sitting somewhere and all ice melting. The food came in decent time but was nothing special to speak about. I think this server was the only one on patio and by watching, he NEEDED help. He was very confused and not too good at consolidating. I saw many tables either leave or get up and ask for service as they had been sitting awhile w/o recognition. Only good thing was there was nice live music going on.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Keri G

Oklahoma
“AMAZING HISTORY!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

The painted lady on the floor and the history in the photos.

Visited June 2012
Fruita, Colorado
“Fresh, home-made food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

Off the beaten path, The Historic Western Hotel is home to some of the best, freshest, home-made food in Ouray! Built in 1891, the atmosphere is real, Old West - emphasis on old. This is an original building. The bar is old, wooden and full of character and the food is simply delicious!
Extremely fresh and home-made with a knock-out presentation too! Rose doesn't open the restaurant until after 4pm, but it's well worth the wait! Do yourself a a favor and don't miss this place! Service is friendly and fast!!

• Visited June 2012
Kula, Maui, Hawaii
“Food was good, atmosphere lacking.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

Food was good-I had a burger-but it took a while (or maybe we were really hungry!).
I was expecting a bit more from the decor-it was a bit shabby. It could be a really great place it they invested in some new furniture. I guess when I pictured eating at this historic hotel (which looks cool from the outside) I thought the experience inside would go with that theme.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank Emily V
Austin, Texas
“Good food and friendly service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

We were there Saturday night before Labor Day. It seemed the staff were all running around like crazy, I imagine slammed by the holiday weekenders. We had a nice server who seemed overly booked. The food was fine. I had the Caesar with smoked salmon The dressing was a bit thickly applied, but it was still flavorful. My husband had the trout and it was good. I can't say this was great food, but it didn't have an hour wait like some other places and still offered a nice dining experience.

• Visited September 2011