“Great start to the day”

Artisan Bakery and Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Ouray
Reviewed October 10, 2013

On a lazy early morning in Ouray huddled around the fireplace my husband said he'd walk up the block to the Artisan and pick up a couple of pastries for breakfast. Came back with a wonderful Cinnamon Role and a helping of Bread Pudding. We split each with my large glass of cold milk and his hot coffee. Sounds so simple doesn't it? Exactly! Perfect start to another wonderful day in Ouray.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Went to Artisan bakery on a Monday morning. Tried to place an order only to be told "we're out of that". Next item i chose, response agian was "we're out of that". Staff was grumpy and rude (hungover?) and not at all helpful. No apologies or suggestions for items they did have in stock. Coffee refills cost $1. Take my advice and go down the street to Backstreet Bistro. Food is excellent and staff is pleasant even when busy. Coffee is better too.
There' s a brewery in town named Mr. Grumpy's. Maybe Mr. Grumpy's kids work at Absolute Bakery.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Had a muffin, it was great, couldn't ask for better. One kind of coffee, dark roast, no decaf. Got there while open, but by 10am they were closing already. Hours are confusing, got there about 9:15 am. Small seating area. I think the place is more for early morning bakery takeout. Other customers wanted to be served, but they close very early.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

This place has good pastries but its hard to find open. I sat in my car for a half hour waiting for them to open at 7am. Twice they closed just before I got there at noon and midafternoon. If they had longer hours they would be much better.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

The pastries I tried were all fresh and delicious, the coffee was only average and there are places to buy much better coffee.

Been to Artisan Bakery and Cafe? Share your experiences!