“Beautiful Stay”

Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Ouray
Ohio City, Ohio
“Beautiful Stay”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Everything about this hotel is historic. Nice, well furnished suites, comfortable, clean, and quiet. Restaurant is in the hotel and serves excellent meals. First class staff. Hotel is located downtown with plenty to see. Street parking was no problem. Scenic drives in any direction. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We stayed at the Beaumont for our 10th Anniversary. It's like taking a walk back in time. Beautiful restoration, comfortable beds, 5 Star Service. If you've never been to Ouray, it's one of the most beautiful places on the planet. Food at the Beaumont Grill was delicious and the rooms were so beautifully decorated. We'll be back for sure! Love this hotel!

• Stayed May 2014
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed May 27, 2014

My husband and I got a couples massage and it was fabulous! The Beaumont is a beautiful hotel with an amazing spa. The staff was professional and courteous. My masseur really listened to me and what my needs were. I would recommend this spa to anyone looking for 5 star treatment in the beautiful San Juan mountains:)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

First off, I want to say that this is visually the most beautiful hotel I have ever stayed at. However, my stay was quite bad.
1. There were small stains on two of the pillows and the comforter.
2. The thermostat wasn't working. The first night we couldn't sleep well since it kept getting hotter and hotter no matter at what temp. we kept the thermostat.

That said my issue is not with these problems but with how the staff dealt with them. When I told them of these problems the next morning. They promised they would be taken care of, but they did.... nothing.
When we came back the next night after a long day on the road, we found that not only where the pillows changed, but even the bed was not made. The thermostat was not fixed and we had another night of temperatures between 86 and 68 F. Again, no sleep.

I told the front desk again and got a million apologies, not really helpful.

My point is this. We paid over 300 bucks for two nights of no sleep in a room that Oprah Winfrey slept in. If we stayed at the comfort inn across the street, we might not have a pretty room and a good story but might have had two full nights of sleep.

Seriously, when a hotel had only 12 rooms ( and a million rules to preserve antiquity) how hard is it to respond to a guests complaints ?

Overall, as the title says, pretty hotel but terrible stay.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank witch351
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed April 28, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a wedding for only one night. We had a great experience. The staff were all friendly. The hotel is luxurious and absolutely stunning. Every room had it's own little charm and the ones I saw were beautiful and elegant. I enjoyed the continental breakfast that was included. The coffee was great. I loved the bathroom we had. The towels were large and thick and the robes were so comfy! The tub was huge if you wanted to soak and the showerhead was nice and tall. The shampoo, conditioner, and lotion offered were wonderful. My only complaint is that they had softened water. I hate everything about softened water-how it smells, how it feels in the shower, and how it tastes. I'm not sure many other people care about this though.

This was a great place for a wedding. The rooms are so elegant and beautiful! We had a lot of fun and the rooms were pretty quiet, even when people were up talking.

I don't know if I we would stay here again because of the price (rooms start at $184 a night before taxes), but I would highly recommend it to those that can afford it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Chicago, IL
Reviewed April 21, 2014

My wife and I stumbled across the Beaumont at low season April 13, 14 just looking for a place to lay our heads. We had no idea as to the perfection to detail that the Beaumont provided by Chad and Jennifer. After a room tour we immediately booked the Tower Suite overlooking Ouray's main street and twin mountain peaks on a beautiful snowy evening. We walked Ouray streets enjoyed a wonderful meal at Jennifer's superb recommendation and returned to our Tower Suite. Amenities are superb from soaps, lotions, huge soft towels, a bed like heavenly clouds, the furniture is beautiful and the walls peacefully adorned. Beyond beautiful to behold, the chairs and couch are designed to cradle and rest a travelling body. Attention to detail will bring us back. Oh, and the morning coffee provided at our pre-scheduled breakfast seating...one of the best brews we've had in CO before enjoying the pre-heated parking space that kept our car ready to go the next morning no matter the snow. Of course we'll be back. This kind of service and perfection is hard to find.

Room Tip: The West and South views from the Tower Suite overlook the street and twin mountain peaks. The upst...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Thanks to Jennifer for a wonderful tour of this magnificent hotel. My daughter and I were passing through and she gave us a tour of the hotel and rooms. In the future we will definitely look at staying here. The rooms are laced with elegance and beauty with a feeling a royal history and artistic flare. The spa is a must which we will partake in during our next visit. The restaurant has delicious food and down to earth service. We were impressed and shall return.!!Forgot to mention this restaurant serves the BEST FRENCH ONION SOUP IN THE WORLD. A must try for any one who knows a home made recipe that makes the taste buds water.....yum

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are worth the stay!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family