All reviews the owner day bed the river family suite waffles great place to stay hot tub box canyon quiet location within walking distance breakfast was included in town stay there again nice stay breakfast room clean rooms the main drag
Reviewed October 3, 2010

We loved staying at the Ouray Victorian Inn this past weekend. We enjoyed getting to know the owners at check-in and breakfast, they really made you feel welcome at their hotel. The 2 hot tubs were a great way to relax after a long day Jeeping. We will definitely stay here again in the future.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2010

We just returned from our Colorado vacation, an every 2-3 year event. This year, as in previous ones, we spent time at the Ouray Victorian Inn, this time for a week. We have always enjoyed the hotel, from its convenient location to its simple but clean rooms. This year, we met the new owners who had just agreed to purchase it two years ago when we were there--great people! Not only that, but they are committed to improving the hotel, and it shows. The exterior has been freshly painted, and the rooms are cleaner than ever. The breakfast has been expanded a bit and now includes the option to have eggs, soft or hard boiled. The rooms are equipped with wide screen television (if you find the need to watch it in this beautiful environment) and refrigerators. The towels are bigger and thicker than they used to be, and I understand air conditioning (which we've never needed during our stays in September) is next on the list of improvements. I highly recommend this establishment.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank drsm
Reviewed September 13, 2010

just had another great imogene run weekend at the ouray victorian inn. we have stayed there 4-5 times over the years for various running events and have always enjoyed our visits. the rooms are simple but always clean and well attended. the continental breakfast provides for a variety of healthy options(cereal,oatmeal,toasts,muffins,juice,milk,coffee,teas) and my favorite--the hard boiled eggs. so what if you take 30 seconds to place your eggs and a cup of water in the egg boiler and then wait until they are ready. it gives you time to prepare your toast, waffles or whatever, have a cup of coffee and visit with your party or the always interesting guests that are having a bite to eat before hitting the san juans. i can only speak for myself and my experiences at the ouray victorian inn, but i'm already thinking about next year's trip for the imogene pass run.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2010

I found this place using an online search for pet friendly lodging. The reviews seemed positive online. When we drove up I derided myself for not being more discriminating when I was doing my online searching. It was a motel (which is obvious now that I look back on the photos). The room was dark, with old blankets and bed spread, and thin walls. Otherwise, it was fine for a motel. The only motivation I have to actually write a review was the egg incident. The breakfast is an inexpensive continental breakfast which we partook of more due to convenience rather than hunger. There was an egg cooking machine available, in which you could boil a raw egg. The hostess was clearly annoyed at having to give instructions again and again at how to correctly use this machine (obviously oblivious to the ridiculousness of customers having to cook their own eggs!- never experienced that before) But I did figure the machine out and cooked my own eggs, and since they were done 15 minutes later, I took them with me and ate them during our 8 mile hike--delicious! The next day I did this again, but left to do something in my room and returned and they were already done (oops). The hostess had the eggs and chastized me, telling me they provided only food for breakfast, not for lunch. Many thoughts ran through my mind like "I would have eaten them for breakfast if I did not have to wait for them to be cooked" or " Do you want to add 45 cents to my room charge?" but I said " Do you want me to put them back?" She said no, but wasn't sure that she made her point, so as I was walking out of the breakfast room, she yelled after me, "we only serve breakfast, not lunch!" Good thing she didn't find the five Eggos that I had stuffed in my pockets! (joke)
In short I will chose to find my pet friendly lodging (and eggs) in another place next time I come to Ouray.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank sredmon
OVIJan, Owner at Ouray Victorian Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2010

We’re sorry this guest was unhappy with her stay, but we are a little confused. This is a motel and we think it is clear from the photos and the description on our web site that the Victorian Inn is most definitely a motel (and proud to be one) and not a bed & breakfast as this guest appeared to be expecting. We also are surprised by the comment on dark rooms as the rooms face south but we understand that everyone has a different perspective.

We serve a buffet continental breakfast as a convenience to our guests for consumption on our premises. As part of our free breakfast we offer do-it-yourself fresh eggs instead of premade scrambled eggs. The vast majority of our guests really enjoy having real hot eggs cooked as the way they like. We are sorry this guest felt inconvenienced at having to wait a few minutes.

Reviewed September 1, 2010

The bathroom is CLEAN! Rooms are very nice. There's no AC, but who needs it when the evenings are so wonderfully cool. Hotel is right be the creek and it was wonderful to hear the water. Very soothing. We'll be back this way again and will definately stay here. Also, check out the San Juan Scenic Jeep Tour company - excellent tour over Bear Pass and Iomogene. Worth every penny!!

• Stayed: September 2010