All reviews the owner day bed the river family suite waffles great place to stay hot tub box canyon quiet location within walking distance breakfast was included in town stay there again breakfast room clean rooms the main drag an easy walk
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Great hotel - very clean rooms. Felt like we were in Switzerland with the surrounding mountains. The staff was very nice. Room was clean - bathroom was clean. Couldn't have asked for more. Wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank JimmyLaw77
Reviewed May 6, 2014

We stayed just one night on our way home from Utah, arriving just as the Inn reopened after installation of new, beautiful, soft carpet. As always, we were welcomed and made to feel right at home, but this time we really got the red-carpet treatment. US 550 at Red Mountain Pass was closing every day at 8:30 am, not to reopen until 12:30 in the afternoon - so we had to leave very promptly. Even though there were only a few guests, and we were the only ones who needed an early breakfast, Jan got up and made coffee, treated us to a delightful continental breakfast (bagels, yogurt, cereal, etc.) and kept us company the whole time, as we talked about Ouray as well as Jan and Brian's recent visit to Santa Fe. We got to the pass in plenty of time, ahead of the traffic backup, and enjoyed a relaxed trip back home. What a great sendoff. In addition, the hot tub was delightful, with its spectacular views. Be sure to walk barefoot on the new carpet; it is luxurious.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David L
Reviewed March 29, 2014

A stay at the Ouray Victorian is not unlike coming home after an extended stay away. The owners are a wealth of local knowledge who will take you back a hundred years with their town's folklore, all the while taking care of you and your loved ones as if they were family themselves. The Hotel itself is absolutely charming and impeccably kept. This hotel is more than just a business to its proprietors, its an essential part of their lives and it shows. The concern for their guests and the attention to details is by the far the most personal and professional I have ever seen in my extensive travels domestically and abroad. Practically speaking, the rooms are modern, yet quaint and the breakfast buffet is comprehensive. Most importantly, any guidance or assistance on local eateries, stores or in general, you may require, is always but a mere smile away. I have stayed at the Victorian on more than one occasion and now consider it my home away from home when I'm in Ouray, Colorado. In short, I give the Victorian Inn a perfect 5 out of 5 stars, but only because I cant give it more. Simply stated, of all my travels, my stays at the Victorian Inn have left the biggest impressions on me and have contributed most to my enjoyable experiences while traveling on vacation.

I want to thank the Hotel and its staff for having welcomed me into their home and for having shared so much of their town's beautiful history and hospitality with me. I can't wait to get back!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank rolanddeschain001
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We decided last minute to drive through the mountains on a trip from Seattle to Texas and glad we stumbled onto Ouray and the Victorian Inn here. We experienced the first snow for the season and this town was very charming and quaint. We called last minute about a room and they also take pets which is great. The parking was right outside the room so that was very convenient,. The owners were wonderful and they had good hot breakfast in the morning. They also have a hot tub outdoors, with great views.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Very clean beautiful room. Nice parking area right next to your room. Beautiful setting. Nice clean hot tubs that are very relaxing. Very gracious owners who really make you feel comfortable. Wonderful complementary breakfast. I will only stay at the Victorian Inn on my future visits.

• Stayed: March 2014