“AMAZING! 5 OUT OF 5 STARS!”

Ouray Victorian Inn
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Ouray
Reviewed March 29, 2014

A stay at the Ouray Victorian is not unlike coming home after an extended stay away. The owners are a wealth of local knowledge who will take you back a hundred years with their town's folklore, all the while taking care of you and your loved ones as if they were family themselves. The Hotel itself is absolutely charming and impeccably kept. This hotel is more than just a business to its proprietors, its an essential part of their lives and it shows. The concern for their guests and the attention to details is by the far the most personal and professional I have ever seen in my extensive travels domestically and abroad. Practically speaking, the rooms are modern, yet quaint and the breakfast buffet is comprehensive. Most importantly, any guidance or assistance on local eateries, stores or in general, you may require, is always but a mere smile away. I have stayed at the Victorian on more than one occasion and now consider it my home away from home when I'm in Ouray, Colorado. In short, I give the Victorian Inn a perfect 5 out of 5 stars, but only because I cant give it more. Simply stated, of all my travels, my stays at the Victorian Inn have left the biggest impressions on me and have contributed most to my enjoyable experiences while traveling on vacation.

I want to thank the Hotel and its staff for having welcomed me into their home and for having shared so much of their town's beautiful history and hospitality with me. I can't wait to get back!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank rolanddeschain001

Reviewed March 24, 2014

We decided last minute to drive through the mountains on a trip from Seattle to Texas and glad we stumbled onto Ouray and the Victorian Inn here. We experienced the first snow for the season and this town was very charming and quaint. We called last minute about a room and they also take pets which is great. The parking was right outside the room so that was very convenient,. The owners were wonderful and they had good hot breakfast in the morning. They also have a hot tub outdoors, with great views.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Very clean beautiful room. Nice parking area right next to your room. Beautiful setting. Nice clean hot tubs that are very relaxing. Very gracious owners who really make you feel comfortable. Wonderful complementary breakfast. I will only stay at the Victorian Inn on my future visits.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank DonkeyHiker
Reviewed March 13, 2014

The room was larger than I expected, and decorated about what I had in mind. Unfortunately the bed cover and pillow shams were dirty, so that was a bit disappointing (I always assume these don't get washed, just in case, but I didn't want to see evidence of it). Also, toilet paper would only go down the toilet every other flush (everything else did, fortunately), and housekeeping somehow didn't make it the first full day we were there. But breakfast was perfect--hot eggs and make-your-own waffles!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank d4509
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We have stayed at other place in Ouray to ice climb, but we will definitely come back here after our first time. The owners live on site and have a nice family. It's nice to know you're supporting a local family. They were very nice. The room was cozy. I was disappointed at first that the hot tub was not a "hot spring" like other places,and was basically in the parking lot, but it was awesome. The hot tub is great with beautiful views and clean. The breakfast was tasty...cheesy scrambled eggs and blueberry waffles? yes please!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gschwinn81
Reviewed February 22, 2014

My husband and I traveled to Ouray for the first time this year for some ice climbing. We chose this hotel because of the location and from a recommendation from a guiding service. We were very happy with this decision! Check-in went smoothly. The rooms were always clean, which is something that is very important to us. The breakfast was a perfect way to begin the day and was always fresh and hot with various choices. When we were looking for recommendations on where to eat, Jan gave out great advice and even called to make the reservations for us when necessary. I had an issue with my rental car, and Jan helped me get that taken care of quickly. There was always a hello and a personal greeting. Staying here felt like being with family.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2014

For nearly 20 years I have traveled to Ouray and have stayed at many of the hotels and B&Bs here. The "Vic" was a frequent pick in the early years because of cost and convenience, but with the improvements Jan and Brian implemented in 2008, I have no reason to look elsewhere. The rooms are meticulously clean (my primary concern when staying out of town) and very comfortable, and the customer service has always been fabulous. The owners take a personal interest in your experience, be it climbing conditions, best places to have a great meal, or activities for a "rest day", and I have always been treated like extended family here. It's a 5 minute walk to the Box Canyon Falls, the Ice Park, or "Downtown", the rooms are located at the edge of the Uncompahgre River and the views are spectacular. In short, for cleanliness, comfort, consistency and service - I highly recommend the Ouray Victorian Inn.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo