“Great tour guide”

Bachelor Syracuse Mine Tour
Ranked #11 of 36 things to do in Ouray
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Strike up your Adventure! The Bachelor-Syracuse Mine Tour walks you 1,500 feet horizontally into Gold Hill, rich in gold, silver, and other precious metals. Guests are at all times accompanied by a thoroughly trained guide who has first-hand experience working the mine. The guides are prepared to answer questions and eager to share the legend and lore of the mine. While you're here enjoy our Miners Breakfast!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We went today for the 10 o'clock tour. Our guide was very friendly, entertaining and knowledgeable. I didn't catch his name but he has tattoos on his arms and ear gages. Stop out, and do the tour and learn about a single jack and a double jack!

1  Thank Jeremy P

Reviewed July 13, 2013

My kids saw this during our stay in Ouray. On reading the reviews, the owner comment in 2012 gave me pause, but it was close so decided to take a chance. The owner that is there now is not the one who made the comment and he is currently running this as a family business. In the area, the breakfast was good for the price. The mine tour was enjoyed by all and the owner was very knowledgeable and talked about future improvements he is working on to extend the tour deeper which included replacing timbers, etc as it would currently be a safety issue. My daughter would have stayed all day panning for gold if I let her. This was a silver mine and there are plenty of silver dust / flecks in the pan for shiny stuff.

1  Thank RFraze
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I have made several trips during the spring/summer through Ouray and each time have visited this mine each time. I never get tired of hearing about our American history and growth of Colorado. I am amazed that they have the same prices each year, and you cannot find a better price for breakfast anywhere else around. Not to mention how cool it is to eat a morning breakfast with the most beautiful open view of the mountains you can imagine. This last trip, I spent hours talking with their blacksmith while he was hand forging a hunting knife. It definitely brings back memories of traveling as a child with my family.

1  Thank Gelino
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Eggs to order, camp potatoes with peppers and onions, bacon and sausage and biscuits and graveyard. All for $4.99 to $7.99 small or large order.

I bring my family every year. The new owner is keeping up standards. We were not disappointed. So good.

1  Thank Gluelamb
Reviewed June 29, 2013

On this tour you get to walk in the mine and actually experience what it is like to work in the mine. We ate breakfast at the mine before our tour and the food was excellent! Our tour guide was very knowledgable. After our tour we were able to pan for gold and keep what we found.