“Rate: 10 out of 5”

Canyoning Colorado
Ranked #3 of 22 Outdoor Activities in Ouray
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Let the team of Canyoning Colorado show you why Ouray is world-famous for canyoning / canyoneering. Our professional Instructors will show you the ropes while maintaining a fun and safe atmosphere. We offer full and half day canyoning tours; no experience is necessary with beginner to advanced options. Whatever your adventure, we’re ready to take you there!
Reviewed September 3, 2017

This had to have been the most fun thing I have ever done! My boyfriend and I decided we wanted to do something exciting and adventurous during our time in Ouray. We did the combo back including Angel Creek and Portland. Andrew and Kim were our amazing guides! They made us feel so incredibly comfortable throughout the trip. There were a couple times where I was scared due to heights but both of them were extremely encouraging, patient, and kind as they walked me through it and made me feel safe. We had the perfect group with 5 of us + the two guides. We didn't have to bring anything, we just had to show up and Andrew and Kim had all of our equipment already set out for us and ready to go. The equipment was top-notch and made me feel very comfortable as we were repelling down the waterfalls. They were very good about taking pictures throughout the trip, and they are free which is an added bonus!! They even had food bought for us during lunch, which is really nice. The canyoning itself was SO MUCH FUN!!! Not to mention the beautiful scenery throughout. I could go on for days and days about how highly I recommend Canyoning Colorado. Go, go, go, go, go. Do it! You will not regret it. We will be back for sure.

All reviews
"great adventure"
"andrew"
in 45 reviews

Reviewed August 31, 2017

My girlfriend & I decided to do this to celebrate her Bday. We did the Beginner trip with Andrew, one of the owners. Andrew couldn't have been more professional, providing sufficient training beforehand, and making sure we were safe & comfortable the entire way. This was especially important for me because I have a fear of heights and wasn't totally sure i could handle the descents. No problem whatsoever. The max. descent was 30' & I never was nervous or scared. Really cool adventure & I'm ready for the next one!!

Reviewed August 30, 2017

On our trip to Ouray, we decided we needed an adventure to remember for years to come. Canyoning Colorado provided that adventure and more. Andrew, our guide, did an amazing job of guiding us through the canyon, always making sure we were safe, while pushing our comfort zones rappelling down waterfalls, going down slides and jumping into pools. They provided top notch gear to make sure we were outfitted in the best possible way to succeed on our trip. Andrew's extensive knowledge of the sport of Canyoning was beyond impressive. Anytime my nerves started to get to me, Andrew's knowledge and abilities helped put these nerves to rest. If you are looking for an adventure that's something more than the basic Colorado mountain hike, I highly recommend going to Canyoning Colorado for an experience you will never forget. There is no doubt that my next trip to Ouray will include another canyoning adventure with Canyoning Colorado!!

Reviewed August 29, 2017

I really enjoyed my half-day adventure with Canyoning Colorado! Andrew and Kim did a great job of making sure everyone was safe and kept informed on what to expect at each spot we repelled. I learned a lot, laughed a lot and felt great about myself for having done this! I came solo and met great people to spend the morning with. It was an awesome experience and I'm going to do this again soon! The canyon is amazing from above, but wait until you get down in it! Wonderful! Beautiful! Exciting! Oh, I almost forgot to mention...I received incredible photos from the experience too to prove I did this and I have a HUGE smile in every photo. So much fun!

See more reviews
Reviewed August 26, 2017

Andrew, our guide and Kim his assistant were knowledgeable and very interesting. Sharing their experiences entertained us as well as trained and prepared us. They constantly informed us of our situations giving us real life learning experiences and solutions that allowed us to complete our exploration safely in an extremely fun and exciting manner. This was way more fun and entertaining than white-water rafting. The equipment used was the best and kept us comfortable and safe. Andrew was our shepherd, guiding and guarding us. I never felt endangered. The hardest part was climbing out of the valleys of the streams we followed and whose waterfalls we rappelled down. This was never on my bucket list but my wife had done canyoneering in Utah and loved it. This was the reason we tried this even though it is a different version of the sport. I'm 65 and looking forward to doing more demanding and more exciting excursions in the future.

Been to Canyoning Colorado? Share your experiences!