“Super fun adventure!”

Canyoning Colorado
Ranked #3 of 22 Outdoor Activities in Ouray
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Let the team of Canyoning Colorado show you why Ouray is world-famous for canyoning / canyoneering. Our professional Instructors will show you the ropes while maintaining a fun and safe atmosphere. We offer full and half day canyoning tours; no experience is necessary with beginner to advanced options. Whatever your adventure, we’re ready to take you there!
Reviewed August 29, 2017

I really enjoyed my half-day adventure with Canyoning Colorado! Andrew and Kim did a great job of making sure everyone was safe and kept informed on what to expect at each spot we repelled. I learned a lot, laughed a lot and felt great about myself for having done this! I came solo and met great people to spend the morning with. It was an awesome experience and I'm going to do this again soon! The canyon is amazing from above, but wait until you get down in it! Wonderful! Beautiful! Exciting! Oh, I almost forgot to mention...I received incredible photos from the experience too to prove I did this and I have a HUGE smile in every photo. So much fun!

All reviews
"great adventure"
"andrew"
in 45 reviews

Reviewed August 26, 2017

Andrew, our guide and Kim his assistant were knowledgeable and very interesting. Sharing their experiences entertained us as well as trained and prepared us. They constantly informed us of our situations giving us real life learning experiences and solutions that allowed us to complete our exploration safely in an extremely fun and exciting manner. This was way more fun and entertaining than white-water rafting. The equipment used was the best and kept us comfortable and safe. Andrew was our shepherd, guiding and guarding us. I never felt endangered. The hardest part was climbing out of the valleys of the streams we followed and whose waterfalls we rappelled down. This was never on my bucket list but my wife had done canyoneering in Utah and loved it. This was the reason we tried this even though it is a different version of the sport. I'm 65 and looking forward to doing more demanding and more exciting excursions in the future.

Reviewed August 24, 2017

I spent 3 unforgettable days with guides Andrew and Kim. The sights are amazing. The canyoning is exhilarating. The experience was top-notch.

Day 1: a friend and I joined 4 others for the Portland and Angel Canyons combo. These beginner canyons were perfect for my friend who had no prior experience. After we suited up in the gear provided by Canyoning Colorado, Andrew patiently demonstrated the skills we'd be using that day. Each rappel presents a new twist, but your skills and confidence grow with each one. Lunch and free pictures included.

Day 2: my friend and I joined 2 others for the intermediate Bear Creek canyon. The morning started off with hiking. The downclimbs were trickier, and the rappels were higher. Andrew and Kim were exceedingly patient. The water was high enough that we could do 2 (optional) jumps and 4 slides. Lunch was in the canyon. Free pictures again.

Day 3 (after a couple days' rest): I went solo with Andrew and Kim in the advanced Cascade Creek Canyon. Wow! There were more than a dozen rappels, most through waterfalls. The rappels kept getting higher and higher throughout the day. The climax is a 270-ft. rappel down Cascade Creek falls at the edge of town. Again, lunch included and free pictures.

The views are spectacular. Remember to look up, out and behind you while you're in the canyons.

I don't have a negative thing to say about Canyoning Colorado. The whole experience -- from booking the trip to the actual canyons -- was enjoyable. I'm already planning a return trip next year to experience the other canyons that they offer.

Reviewed August 13, 2017

I can't say enough about how amazing our canyoning experience was. Andrew and Kim were patient, kind and super encouraging during our half day trip on Portland Creek. I'm so thankful to Amy VB. and Gateway travel in Durango for suggesting this adventure and setting it up for us.