“Ouray Roadtrip”

Canyoning Colorado
Ranked #3 of 22 Outdoor Activities in Ouray
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Let the team of Canyoning Colorado show you why Ouray is world-famous for canyoning / canyoneering. Our professional Instructors will show you the ropes while maintaining a fun and safe atmosphere. We offer full and half day canyoning tours; no experience is necessary with beginner to advanced options. Whatever your adventure, we’re ready to take you there!
Reviewed August 7, 2017 via mobile

Canyoning was amazing! I did it with my daughter (16) and son (14). We all had a great time and would definitely do it again. The guides were excellent - patient & felt safe at all times. A must do while you are in Ouray.

All reviews
"great adventure"
"andrew"
in 45 reviews

Reviewed August 5, 2017

Andrew and Kim were phenomenal. We've been canyoning in Europe before so they allowed us to do the intermediate trail (Oak Creek Canyon). Two 50+ adults and three kids (18-21). Everything was top-notch, from the wet suits complete with socks and shoes, to the lunch, to the education. Unlike our other experiences, they actually taught us how to proceed safely, rather than just doing everything for us. It took a little longer, but was interesting and empowering.
The 45min hike up was superceded only by the125-foot rappel down a hard-hitting waterfall, but Kim was amazing with all her positive words to me, and patience. I thought I was in decent shape...not so much.
The photos were free, unheard of! but I wish I'd had Andrew carry my waterproof camera as his is not of the best resolution. If you want to use your go-pro, bring the body mount - you can't mount it on the helmets, even with the helmet strap - too dangerous.
Highly recommend the trip!!
Tammy

Reviewed July 19, 2017

Canyoning Colorado is a professionally-run operator that I highly recommend! We did the full-day beginner Angel + Portland Creek combo and it's an excellent way to brushup-on or learn canyoning (we had not been canyoning for years, so were rusty). The gear provided is fantastic, the instruction is top-notch, and the canyons are gorgeous! I applaud this operator for keeping groups small aiding instruction.
I especially loved that the operator took photos for us and they were free!!
If you love the outdoors, are decently fit, and enjoy a moderate challenge, GO CANYONING! You'll get to see a whole new side of the creeks and have so much fun splashing around and rapelling down waterfalls. It's awesome!!!

Reviewed July 18, 2017

I booked both Angel and Portland creek as a combo. I was not disappointed! It was a beautiful experience. Andrew is a top notch guide. He did an excellent job refreshing my skills and you feel very confident with him. The equipment is first class. The whole experience was exhilarating. Highly recommended.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 17, 2017

I've been a Ouray local for a few years now and was looking for a fun activity for my brother and his wife to do when they visited me. The timing worked out that it was canyoning season and I booked a tour with Canyoning Colorado. It is without a doubt one of the coolest things I've done in Ouray--and I'm a local! Rappelling down a 60ft waterfall is certainly an experience.

The guides are the most organized of any trip I've ever been on. Upon arriving they had the appropriately sized gear pre-sorted for us to grab and go. The instruction was top notch. The scenery and adventure was outstanding. If you find yourself in Ouray during canyoning season, this is not to be missed.

Been to Canyoning Colorado? Share your experiences!