“A great experience”

Ranked #3 of 8 Ouray B&B and Inns
Littleton, Colorado
“A great experience”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed two nights at the Secret Garden. It is a beautiful property close to the river and walking distance from most everything. The bed was comfortable and the host, Sara, was very accommodating. Sara seems to have thought of everything you need - she offers towels to take to the hot springs, bath robes to use and there is a very nice hot tub if you don't want to go down town. The weekend we stayed was very hot and the property doesn't have AC so it made it a little uncomfortable. It's obvious that Sara loves what she does and puts her heart into it - from the garden to the food to the fresh flowers in the room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Secretgardenouray, Owner at Secret Garden, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your thoughtful and kind review. We do try hard! I believe you stayed in the Devonshire Room. With no real cross-ventilation to speak of, that room is definitely our "warmest." I do have a few small fans in there but your comments tell me that I need a bigger fan that will fit inside the window. We are all praying for rain, and our summer "monsoons," to begin and cool things down. I appreciate your comments and I will locate a larger fan to fit inside the window next time I go to town. We do have air conditioning in the Provencal Suite (both rooms) as those attic rooms would REALLY be warm without AC. I am so sorry you found your room too warm but appreciate you letting me know that I need a bigger fan in there! It will be here next time you come! Thanks for visiting Ouray and Secret Garden.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Atlanta
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Just finished a three-day conference in Ouray and stayed at the Secret Garden. Loved the warmth and charm of the B&B and my cozy, comfy room. Sara anticipated my every need. She also catered a breakfast and lunch for over 300 people flawlessly. Her attention to detail cannot me overstated. I look forward to staying at the Secret Garden again. Erin Ries

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ries56
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We can't say enough about the Secret Garden B&B - our recent visit was absolutely wonderful. Sara was welcoming and made our whole family feel at home throughout our stay in Ouray. The B&B is as quiet and restful as it appears from the website. We enjoyed the delicious breakfasts, the relaxing common area, the hot tub, the beautiful deck, and the sweeping vistas of the mountains. We also really appreciated being able to walk everywhere, right from our doorstep! We highly recommend this place - don't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank maya k
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed April 9, 2013

So in my last review I definitely wanted to come back to the Secret Garden, but didn't know when/if it'd ever happen. Two years later, it did. My fiancé and I were planning our honeymoon and he said he wanted to go to Colorado. I said "well, I know a place..." I emailed Sara and she remembered me from 2 years before. She was a delight all over again and we had the best food every single morning that week! She spoiled us so much that on our way home when we had to stop at a hotel and eat continental breakfast, we were pretty sad. It was a most delightful and relaxing week. My husband now wants to go back again! Thank you so much Sara!

Room Tip: we stayed in her honeymoon suite. it was perfect.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank maid2praiz
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Our stay at Secret Garden was fantastic. Sara was warm and friendly and helpful with ideas of things to do. Our room had a wonderful view and was clean and airy. The food was very good too. We will be staying again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Our 3-night stay this past weekend at the Secret Garden was lovely. Sara the innkeeper was an excellent host, and she was devoted to us - her only guests for the weekend. The home is comfortable and welcoming, and we explored the grounds to determine the logistics of our summer wedding on her property. Great views from all rooms!

We enjoyed the only guest room with a private bathroom. The Kensington was spacious and comfortable, and it had a sofa and a fireplace along with a PUNY old-school TV... but most people who stay in Ouray aren't there for the TV anyway. The bathroom was large and the shower head was super nice!

We played board games in the common living room and turned on the large gas fireplace. Free wi-fi throughout the house. There are about 10 total parking spaces on her property. We came and went as we pleased. We didn't use the hot tub, even though it was available for use and sat on a large covered deck (doubles as a dance floor).

Sara made the breakfasts herself, and knowing that we like trying new things, she experimented each day on a couple recipes she had been wanting to try. She's got a knack for hearty flavors, and we got to enjoy corn pancakes, egg cups, spinach frittata, sausage, bacon... and everyday she placed in front of us a huge serving of berries and pineapple. We hardly were ever hungry until well past lunchtime. Yummy!

Secret Garden is also catering our wedding reception this summer, so Sara helped us create a delicious menu that I think will be a hit for all parties (carnivores, vegetarians, vegans alike)! Our cake will also be made by them, so I'm excited to see how it turns out (no, we are not going to do a tasting, but we trust SG and the reviews we've seen elsewhere). As the site host, caterer, and baker, she has always responded to our e-mails and phone calls within 48 hours.

The SG is two blocks off main street and within walking distance of everything.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Secretgardenouray, Owner at Secret Garden, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you so much for your generous comments! We are working on acquiring larger TVs. We had not thought it of concern before now because as you noted, most people do not come to Ouray to watch TV. THANKS for coming and thank you for writing such a thoughtful, detailed review!
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed January 16, 2013

This is simply a great little B & B. Sara is literally the perfect host. She is welcoming and acomidating without being the least bit overbearing. The location is perfect for walking around Ouray to the Box Canyon or any of the dinning locations.

The rooms are smallish and may not necessarily appeal to a younger crowd, but the beds are comfortable. This is not the place to hang out in your hotel room as the television is very small, but when we are in Ouray we never even think of watching TV!!

The hot tub on the deck is a perfect way to end the day. Breakfast was delicous and plentiful.

If you looking for a place with top service, comfortable beds, and a perfect location, then you have found your place!

Room Tip: The hot tub on the deck was perfect in winter!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple