“The Secret Garden is for you if what you are looking for is a clean, cozy B and B with lovely gardens, top-rate service, and the”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Secret Garden

Secret Garden
Ranked #3 of 8 Ouray B&B and Inns
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2011

I can't say enough about the welcoming appeal of this property. There are multiple gardens surrounding a clean and quaint home, and indeed, from the moment we arrived, (late!) the proprietor and heart of Secret Garden, Sara Sharpe, was there to meet and welcome us to her home.
The meals were wonderful, and any special needs were promptly and happily answered.
While very close to the heart of town (an easy walk), the property has the feel of being tucked away in it's own private space ,trees everywhere, and the most beautiful river just steps away. Making your way into the town of Ouray is a must, with great restaurants,pubs, and of course shopping!
We would without hesitation recommend this gorgeous and well-run Secret treasure to any CO traveler!

• Stayed July 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2011

My wife and I chose this B&B based on other traveler reviews and we were likewise not disappointed (we stayed for seven nights). Sara is an excellent host and caters to your every need--especially at breakfast. The location is perfect a flew blocks off downtown Ouray within easy walking distance of local shopping and dining. While I have no basis for comparision with other Ouray lodging we believe we made a very good decision to stay here and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others. The property is very well maintained and beautiful and of course is located in the Little Switzerland of America with numerous outdoor activities (hiking, biking, jeep tours, mine tours, etc.). Makes a great base for exploration of nearby towns such as Ridgway and Telluride. We hope to return and believe you will find this a very nice B&B if staying in Ouray. Our best wishes to Sara!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Clinton Township, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2011

My sister and I stayed at Secret Garden while on a 'road trip' and it was fabulous. The room and bathroom were very spacious, beds comfortable, and the decor elegant, with a variety of soaps and lotions that were an extra touch. Sara offers gracious hospitality and cares about her guests. We wanted an early breakfast so we could get on the road and that was no problem. We treasure the conversation shared and Sara's caring spirit.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Sebastian, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2011

My husband and I had never stayed in a Bed and Breakfast before and what a treat! Sara, the owner, was so kind and helpful, and her place is beautiful, quaint, and welcoming. We instantly felt at home. And the breakfast the next morning.... oh my! It was made with love by Sara and it was absolutely delicious. Visiting the town of Ouray, Colorado is a must, and the next time we're there, we'll be staying at this B&B again.

Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2011

My husband and I spent a few days here on our honeymoon, Ouray is an amazing place and the Secret Garden was the perfect place to stay. The pictures don't lie, it is beautiful! The breakfasts were amazing and Sara, the innkeeper was very accomodating. We highly reccomend it and would definately return!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2011

My friend & I had the loveliest of stays at this Bed & Breakfast. It was my first opportunity to stay at a Bed & Breakfast, and Mrs. Sharpe truly made it the best! She was quite kind, made us feel completely at home, treated us like a friend yet at the same time gave us the privacy we needed. It really was amazing. :) I'd love to go back. It is situated in a cute little mountain town and was a beautiful breath of fresh air - especially when we woke up the next morning all cozy in our bed to see the snow falling outside. I highly recommend you staying here; you won't regret it!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Golden, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2011

My fiance and I stayed at the secret garden to see if it was the place we wanted to host our reception for our wedding. When we arrived the first thing Sara did was give me a huge hug and from that second forward we were blown away by her hospitality! The house was so cozy and inviting. The rooms were all wonderful, each with its own sort of theme. I also couldn't have asked for a better view of the mountains from the house, especially while enjoying the hot tub that sits on her wrap-around deck. Sara herself was friendly, professional, a wonderful cook, and new her stuff when it came to wedding details. She's helped make the whole process a lot less stressful! It was also neat to find out how well she works with the other wedding vendors in the area. We are excited to get to know her better during the process of planning our wedding and can't wait until the day!
R&R