“Truly A Grand Experience- Sensory Deprivation and Relaxation”

Healing Waters Mind and Body Float Studio
More attraction details
Owner description: Float tanks are like having a really large bathtub or a small swimming pool with a lid on top. They are filled with 10" of sterile, warm water and about 850 pounds of top quality, healing Epsom salts. You become very buoyant and float without even trying. The ultimate in healing, relaxation and relief from pain...both mental and physical. Give yourself a break!
Aurora
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Truly A Grand Experience- Sensory Deprivation and Relaxation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

I have done a couple of floats, this is a Grade A operation. They use the right salt, the right way and do a great job prepping you for your float. They have it all. You stretch your back out. Then get ready to float. Truly a great experience if you have never done it.

Back in the 60's or so, sensory deprivation was said to lead you to special dreams and feelings. Today, it hasn't changed with this great place. The owner has gone out of her way to replicate the experience. There are fancy looking floats, I have been there and done that, but this is much better. The quality of everything in this shop is well worth the time.

This is a bucket list item if you have never done it. I will say that it relaxing and you can almost sleep. It is amazing. Why do this? First it is great to get away from everything. Next is really good for mind and soul to be one with yourself. To just be and truly relax. No distractions. It takes me a few minutes to adjust to the environment, then the time goes so fast, it is amazing.

Do this at least once in your life and do it at this place.

Visited August 2013
Lisa_Westminster_CO, Owner at Healing Waters Mind and Body Float Studio, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Wow! Very humbling and gratifying to have some confirmation that we are on the right track! I love hearing from new and long time floaters that have been to other places in other states and other countries because it helps me to ground myself and know what we can do to make things as good as we can for the benefit of others and their experience. We truly appreciate your honest review and kind words and are very thankful to know where we stand with a long time floater. Thank you so much for the pat on the back, it means a lot! Lisa, Owner

Denver, Colorado, United States
“Everything I expected and more”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

I had heard about flotation tanks in several documentaries, and I had always wanted to try one. I'm a practice meditation frequently, so the idea of having an extended meditation experience in an environment completely devoid of sensory stimuli seemed like an amazing opportunity. I knew that the floating aspect of my visit was going to be great, but I had no idea how amazing and helpful the owner was going to be. She was really friendly, knowledgeable, and accommodating, and gave me a great deal of freedom in terms of making my float exactly how I wanted it to be. I know that I'll be back.

Visited October 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Lisa_Westminster_CO, Owner at Healing Waters Mind and Body Float Studio, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Wow, thank you so much. I am so glad that you more than enjoyed your time here and I'm really glad that I treated you so well, I try to do that for everyone, but you guys make it easy anyhow, so trying isn't necessary. Thank you for your kind review and we look forward to your return when you are ready. Lisa, Owner
Englewood
“A wonderful therapy to add into anyone's life”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

The Owner of Healing Waters Mind and Body is a great lady and passionate about her business. I learned from her how to make the most out of floating and receive the greatest benefit. She really cares about her clients and that's what made the most impression on me. The therapy itself is fantastic for cleansing, relaxing and rejuvenating. Think about a time you actually get to reduce all outside stimuli in your daily, on-the-go life. Never probably! Even sleeping at night you are still dealing with gravity and pressure points. The float tank gives your body and mind the ultimate rest so your body can do what it's designed to do and that's heal. Between massage therapy and Body Stress Release therapy for my severe neck injury I've found integrating the floatation tank taking my healing to pre-injury status. That's amazing! I highly recommend trying it and do at least three sessions within a 3-4 weeks of each other to start!

Visited August 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Lisa_Westminster_CO, Owner at Healing Waters Mind and Body Float Studio, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words and your wonderful details about our studio that hopefully will help others when making the decision to try something so new to them! I am so glad and honored that we did well by you and that this led you to take time out of an already busy day to log in and type up your information and experience here! I am also always thrilled to know when people find healing here and I am so happy to know about your pre-injury experience of pain relief. Thank you again and we hope we can be of service to you in the future. Lisa, Owner.
denver
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing! Do yourself a favor and try this!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

I was a little hesitant to try this, but after reading about the process and rave reviews...I thought,'go for it'. I am SO glad I did. Very clean facility and Lisa is so delightful. She took every measure to make sure it was an enjoyable experience. I will be back for sure.

Visited September 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Lisa_Westminster_CO, Owner at Healing Waters Mind and Body Float Studio, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Many are hesitant and maybe even scared or intimidated by this type of new therapy or healing, but if they just give it once or twice, I can help them work through all of that so they can enjoy the healing for physical, mental, emotional, addiction or even spiritual pain or anguish. I have all of my degrees in psychology, so even though the tank, the water, the darkness or the silence may scare you a bit, you will find that your body and brain can do so much if you will just let it! Thank you so much for the kind compliment on how I treated you, we really care about you guys and just want to make sure that we offer you the space and attention you need to heal. I am so glad that you found us and the experience "amazing" and so look forward to your return when you are ready! Lisa, Owner
Westminster, Colorado
“A Unique experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

My husband and I both enjoy this experience! We tried it once as a sort of fluke, just for fun, but then felt so relaxed after that we bought several more floats! My husband used his after a black belt test that was quite vigorous, and he was very sore and beat up from sparring. The float reinvigorated him and his bruises and injuries were much better after the float! Healing waters indeed! Healing for the body and soul!

Visited October 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

I love that info! I was in Kung Fu for a long time and would have loved to have this available to me before and after! We also have a lot of professional athletes including boxers, MMA fighters, martial artists, etc. that come here to prepare for fights/runs/games/etc. and they know that it helps with their performance, endurance and stamina as well as helping to alleviate aches, pains, sores, breaks and many other difficulties quickly. So glad you both enjoyed it and hope to see you both very soon! Lisa, Owner