“Disappointing visit”

Cuisines: Mexican
Denver, Colorado
“Disappointing visit”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

There are two reasons why we still go to Armadillo. First, it was a good place to go at one time and we keep hoping it will return to what it once was. Second, it is our neighborhood and very convienient for us. Our most recent visit was very disappointing. Service was slow, prices on the menu have gone up (again), and the menu selections have been reduced. The food remains tasty so it won't be a complete waste of time to go here but with so many other good Mexican food restaurants in the area, we now wonder why we bother with the Armadillo.

• Visited June 2012

Punta Gorda, Florida
“Good food and service, property looks old”
Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

I've eaten at the Armadillo restaurants for many years. They are known for good mexican food at reasonable prices. And they have always lived up to that reputation. This location is looking a bit shabby and could use an update, but the food was top notch.
Would go back again and take friends after explaining food is better than the building appearance.

Frederick, Colorado
“OLD AND RUN DOWN LOOK!!!!”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

The food was ok. I got the chicken tort with grilled chicken. The service was average. The inside looks run down. The carpet is very dirty and the bathroom smells bad. The whole place could use a remodel or new look. A good old fashion cleaning is in order. TIP: get the cheese queso dip. It's awesome!!! The fajitas looked great to. If we come back I'm getting the fajitas.

“Dream Mexican food”
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Since I moved to Fort Collins, CO in 1973, I have heard of the Armadillo, in Lasalle. We did drive over there, a distance of some 30 miles, once, and it was well worth the drive. Finally, the family-owned restaurant built another in Fort Collins. But alas, I moved away from Colorado in the early new millenium and, living in Tennessee and Georgia since, have not had much in the way of good Mexican food.
On a trip to CO recently, my sister and brother-in-law took me to a Mexican restaurant down the street where they live, in Westminster, CO. I was thrilled to see as we drove up that it was the Armadillo and the food lived up to my strong memories of the Armadillo's quality cuisine. I had chile rellenos, my sister a tamale plate, and I've lost track of what my brother-in-law had. But all of us thought our food was great. The chile rellenos were fantastic. Filled with lots of authentic atmosphere, a cheery wait staff, and good alcohol, the Armadillo fulfilled all my hopes for a great Mexican dinner.

• Visited November 2011
Denver, Colorado
“Prompt service and good Mexican food”
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We go to a lot of the Armadillo restaurants located throughout the front range. You are going to get consistent quality of food. Service is always good. The Sunday brunch is always a treat.

• Visited June 2011