“Colterra never fails to delight!”

Colterra Food & Wine
Reserve with OpenTable
Colterra Food & Wine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Niwot
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 2nd
Transit: Contact your local RTD (303) 299-6000.
Description: Colterra invites you to escape to the country, just minutes from downtown Boulder in the charming historic town of Niwot. Happen upon the authentic romantic setting and enjoy classic French country food created by Chef/Owner Bradford Heap. Trained in France with 3 star Michelin Chef's Alain Ducasse and Georges Blanc, Bradford has taken his last endeavors to top Zagat ratings. His newest restaurant focuses on using the freshest local produce, respecting the pure simple flavors of seasonal ingredients. Knowledgeable wine pairings, complete with climate controlled cabinet provides the finest possible wines by the glass, making Colterra an experience not to be missed. Top 10 new restaurant by 5280 magazine!
Barcelona, Spain
“Colterra never fails to delight!”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We hadn't been to Colterra for awhile so it was wonderful to find that the food is as high quality, delicious, and creative as ever. The service was also outstanding and our server was very friendly and helpful. I am vegetarian so it is not easy for me to be completely satisfied with a meal, but I always am at Colterra. It is definitely worth the drive from Boulder.

1 Thank Dianne L

Broomfield, Colorado
“Local Fare Flair”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I've sat on the lovely patio in summer, surrounded by abundant plant life, and most recently, the bar, since it time to come inside. Terrific, warm and cozy atmosphere inside. Our food: tender Crispy Duck Breast, flaky Pan Roasted Barramundi with tasty sweet potato gnocchi , mmmmmm Mission Fig & Brown Butter Tart, and decadent Vanilla Bean Crème Brûlée. Excellent food and happy to accommodate dietary requirements. Special treat: have Stephen, the mixologist, shake you up something special for your meal or dessert! Don't be shy about making a reservation, especially on a weekend.

2 Thank vicariouslythrulisa
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Our best dinner this trip”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Visiting family near Boulder most years, we had never been to Niwot before. What we have been missing. Went for dinner and had an excellent meal. We were asked about any special requirements when we booked (my husband is dairy and meal free) and they readily adapted an entree for him. Service excellent and atmosphere very comfortable. All our choices were excellent, though our son-in-law disliked the dessert wine recommended with his dessert - and when we mentioned this they took it off the bill. Not the cheapest, but worth every penny.

Niwot, Colorado
“Lovely Girls' Night Out”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Went with 2 of my best girlfriends in the world. Our Server Lauren was delightful from the outset. Outstanding service; starting with the cocktails, delicious gluten-free bread (which wasn't ordered but brought to us based on conversation during the ordering process), delicious entrees and finishing with the fabulous desserts. We had a wonderful evening at Colterra and I love that it's in my little town!!

• Visited September 2013
Colorado
“Wonderful Food, Excellent Service”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Went for brunch - the French toast was beautifully done, nicely presented, and absolutely delicious. Great coffee, too. The service was probably the best I've ever experienced in a restaurant - my coffee cup and water glass never went dry, and the servers struck that perfect balance of being attentive without being intrusive. I was impressed.
N.b: I didn't check the "best meals" button only because French toast, to me, is a basic sort of dish, and it would have to have been salmon mousse stuffed breast of chicken or that sort of thing to have been one of my best meals. I'm pretty sure that their lunch and dinner entrees would warrant clicking the 'yes' button.

• Visited September 2013