“Perfect evening”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 2nd
Transit: Contact your local RTD (303) 299-6000.
Description: **Colterra is closed until further notice due to a fire. We will keep you posted on our efforts towards re-opening.** Colterra invites you to escape to the country, just minutes from downtown Boulder in the charming historic town of Niwot. Happen upon the authentic romantic setting and enjoy classic French country food created by Chef/Owner Bradford Heap. Trained in France with 3 star Michelin Chef's Alain Ducasse and Georges Blanc, Bradford has taken his last endeavors to top Zagat ratings. His newest restaurant focuses on using the freshest local produce, respecting the pure simple flavors of seasonal ingredients. Knowledgeable wine pairings, complete with climate controlled cabinet provides the finest possible wines by the glass, making Colterra an experience not to be missed. Top 10 new restaurant by 5280 magazine!
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The patio at Colterra is something we enjoy at least once a year. Sitting among the garden plants that are used in the dishes brings a new meaning to farm to table. We would go more often but it is quite expensive. We had a relaxing evening with drinks and meal that lasted over two hours. We started with soups and salad, the beet salad is always a hit. I had lamb and others had the fish specials, salmon I believe all excellently prepared and matched with a nice bottle of wine. The weather was great and as the sun set we were reluctant to leave.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We met my cousin here for lunch and thought the ambience was charming. My husband had the duck confit gnocchi which was incredible.....the gnocchi almost floated off the plate. I had the risotto which was very average. My cousin ordered the salad with grilled chicken and it was nothing special. The beer selection was adequate. The service was slow but the waiter was happy to to make substitutions due to dietary restrictions. The waiter never asked if we wanted wine or beer. After we placed our lunch order we asked if we might be able to get a glass of wine with our meal. Wine ranged from $10-$20 per glass. The wine was nice and would have been better if we had received it earlier. All in all a nice lunch and a great place to visit with friends and family. I would dine here again.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

August Sat night, 3 of us. Expensive but worth it. Al fresco dining was perfect on a not-unusual wonderful Boulder County night. The owner/chef has been around Boulder for decades, and this might be his best restaurant yet. Informal but elegant, in a Boulder sort of way. Wine, food, service all top-notch.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Love the food, atmosphere, service; we sat on the patio on a lovely summer night and enjoyed the dinner made with local produce. I had the "small' plate - fillet mignon - which was the best I've ever had. The size was perfect for me. My husband ordered the "large" plate that was the right size for his appetite. We went on a Wednesday night without reservations and had no problem getting a table, but I would recommend reservations on the week end.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Having heard much about this restaurant over the past several years, I finally went there for dinner with a friend with whom I had traveled in Italy (a foodie like myself). The meal was exceptional from beginning to end - we had the mussels, kale salad, and a special with risotto and perfectly cooked fish, followed by a "sweet bite" - not a missed beat anywhere despite the fact that it was a busy Friday night. Service was fantastic, and at one point the chef/owner came over to speak with us personally (he also owns the renowned restaurant Salt in Boulder). I will not only come back again but I will bring friends with me. There are a lot of good restaurants in the Boulder area, but this is one of the best. Not inexpensive, but then you get what you pay for and the meal was worth the price.