“Fabulous!”

Colterra Food & Wine
Reserve with OpenTable
Colterra Food & Wine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Niwot
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 2nd
Transit: Contact your local RTD (303) 299-6000.
Description: Colterra invites you to escape to the country, just minutes from downtown Boulder in the charming historic town of Niwot. Happen upon the authentic romantic setting and enjoy classic French country food created by Chef/Owner Bradford Heap. Trained in France with 3 star Michelin Chef's Alain Ducasse and Georges Blanc, Bradford has taken his last endeavors to top Zagat ratings. His newest restaurant focuses on using the freshest local produce, respecting the pure simple flavors of seasonal ingredients. Knowledgeable wine pairings, complete with climate controlled cabinet provides the finest possible wines by the glass, making Colterra an experience not to be missed. Top 10 new restaurant by 5280 magazine!
Boulder, Colorado
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

This gem of a restaurant is tucked away in Niwot, which is easy to miss if you don't know it is here. Summer and Fall, the outdoor patio is wonderful. The menu of organic and local foods is just beautiful. A special place to bring someone special for a fabulous meal. Ambiance, décor and service are all great.

Visited April 2013

“Not worth a too long of a drive”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I decided we would like to try a new spot for our anniversary and based on the reviews we thought that Colterra would be a perfect spot. I will state that I was a pleasantly designed and welcoming place, but we had hoped for a bit more from the cuisine presented. The wait staff was just wonderful and we couldn't have been better served.
We both started with started with salads, my wife had the Roasted Asparagus and Local Arugula (she loved it and still said that it was one of the best salads she had), while I had the Caesar Salad (good, but nothing special). For entrees, my wife chose the Pistachio Crusted Alaskan Halibut and thought it was good but not great. I had their recommended special of a grass fed, pasture raised rib-eye steak from Idaho. I made the mistake of thinking that Idaho might have better beef than Colorado or going for a Chef's Special, but it found a tough piece of meat. I'll urge a bit of caution if you are looking at the menu vs. a chef's choice in this case and stick with the menu. We ended our special evening with a dessert only to end on another disappointing note. We both had the Dark Chocolate Caramel SALT Tart was not worth it, we suggest you try something else. How can such a great sounding dessert not taste great? It managed to do so. I will compliment them on their great wine selection and the house recommended Pinot Noir-it was just great. For the money you would be better off driving to Flagstaff House in Boulder or to Denver's Fruition.

• Visited May 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Totally worth your money--excellent food, great service, awesome atmosphere.

Will definitely go back if I had the chance.

Even our kids, aged 5 and 10, loved the place.

Visited September 2012
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Lunch”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I visited today for lunch and was able to sit outside in the lovely weather. The service was very friendly and my lunch was absolutely delicious. I had the tuna nicoise salad and really enjoyed it, the tuna was well seasoned and cooked perfectly! Would highly recommend for lunch if you want to go somewhere nice because the price tag is quite high (my salad was $16, but definitely worth it!)

• Visited April 2013
Boulder, CO
“Delicious, cozy, relaxed, special”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Colterra has become our favorite restaurant when we want a nice night out, with delicious but unpretentious food, in a cozy atmosphere with great service. I had the lamb chop special with carrot/potato puree and a fig sauce that was so yummy, I practically scraped my plate clean. The wine was enjoyable and affordable. I appreciated the service was warm, efficient, attentive but not intrusive. We'll be back again and again.

• Visited April 2013