“Amazing Christmas Eve dinner”

Colterra Food & Wine
Reserve with OpenTable
Colterra Food & Wine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Niwot
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 2nd
Transit: Contact your local RTD (303) 299-6000.
Description: Colterra invites you to escape to the country, just minutes from downtown Boulder in the charming historic town of Niwot. Happen upon the authentic romantic setting and enjoy classic French country food created by Chef/Owner Bradford Heap. Trained in France with 3 star Michelin Chef's Alain Ducasse and Georges Blanc, Bradford has taken his last endeavors to top Zagat ratings. His newest restaurant focuses on using the freshest local produce, respecting the pure simple flavors of seasonal ingredients. Knowledgeable wine pairings, complete with climate controlled cabinet provides the finest possible wines by the glass, making Colterra an experience not to be missed. Top 10 new restaurant by 5280 magazine!
Longmont, Colorado
“Amazing Christmas Eve dinner”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

This past Christmas Eve was my first meal at Colterra. For years I've heard how wonderful the food tastes, and I finally got the chance to experience the restaurant. On Christmas Eve they had a specific three course menu with the option to have the wine pairings as well. There were plenty of options for each course, and the wine was lovely. The atmosphere is quaint and a unique older, elegant home with cozy rooms quartered off into smaller seating areas. All four of us enjoyed ALL of our food that night. I'd highly recommend a date night or a special night out to Colterra. I will be checking out their lunches, breakfasts, and happy hours soon!

• Visited December 2012

Loveland, Colorado
“Over Rated”
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

I have eaten at Colterra about 10 times in the past 3 years, always at lunchtime (I work nearby). Many people in the area love this place. It is very nicely laid out, though always a bit dark. I like the local sourcing of the produce and as long as its not too full when the decibels rise, the ambience is nice. The staff are always well informed but often, just in my opinion, seem to try too hard. They did have an Aussie waiter last year and he was hilarious and down to earth. I may outrage some but to me, Colterra is a bit pretentious. I always have something different and more often than not, the food is good. Good, but for the price, not great. Maybe the food in the evening is better, I can't say. To summarize, if you fancied a pizza and one with pear and arugula gets your gastronomic juices flowing, this place is for you. If you like pepperoni, don't you dare ask!

“Delicious!”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Wonderful, excellently prepared food coupled with an extensive wine list. I had the mushroom gnocchi and my husband had the lamb. The gnocchi was fantastic, the lamb was not what my husband expected but still delicious. He also had the Ceasar salad, which he said was one of the best he's ever had. The wait staff is top notch. This is a formal restaurant, so the atmosphere is subdued and refined. A perfect place for a special occasion.

• Visited December 2012
Longmont, Colorado
“Always fresh, always flavorful, always delicious”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Bradford Heap and staff do a stellar job of farm to table cooking paired with excellent wine choices and always creative beverages. Easy parking and worth an hours drive to eat there. Try the happy hour food and drink specials for an early light meal. The last time I was in I really enjoyed the beet salad. The food here are rarely old staples and always provide a compendium of flavors to stimulate the palate. The specials should be enjoyed as they may be a once in a lifetime opportunty. Recently I enjoyed a seafood risoto that was oddly rich and light at the same time! The bread is served with olive oil and could be better if only it were warm and crisp. It seems as though they keep the bread in plastic bags. Not unexpectedly, the service is timely and warm.

• Visited October 2012
Longmont, Colorado
“Great place for lunch & dinner”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We went for dinner with our business partners and good friends last night and enjoyed it. The food is outstanding; they use local produce and products. It was too cold to sit outside but inside is warm & comfortable. We like it very much for lunch - still good quality of food and not as expensive as dinner. Usually, when we go for lunch we sit outside and enjoy the lovely patio with a view of the quaint town of Niwot. We will definately go back there soon.

• Visited October 2012