“A fabulous week!”

Colorado Cattle Company
Kansas City, Kansas
“A fabulous week!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

I came to this ranch to celebrate my 50th birthday with my daughter. We stayed a week and from the moment we arrived until the time we left all the staff have been so warm and welcoming. Brian and Sheila are such fabulous cooks and her famous phrase, "have you had enough?", given with her grin and eyes twinkling, I will never forget.
I'm not the best rider but had such a great time. I was given a wonderful "babysitter" horse who took good care of me and took me down hills very carefully. He seemed to know I was a nervous-nelly. :) The food was excellent and the other guests were fun to be with once we all warmed up to each other. The cabins are cozy and comfortable, with DishTV, wi-fi,and no cell service - but who needs a phone out here anyway! There is a business center for anyone who needs email or to print their flight prepasses.

This place is simply amazing. I'm a queen-sized gal and I was able to ride a regular horse, unlike other places who have low weight restrictions and/or gave me huge workhorses to ride. CCC made me feel so welcome. My daughter learned about barrel racing and roping a cow and got to see her first rodeo last night! A massage from Brenda will ease any sore muscles and then some. She is wonderful.

We both had such a wonderful week. I highly recommend Colorado Cattle Company for ANYONE who is thinking about wanting to ride, learn roping, and/or improve their skills.

Room Tip: We stayed in the cabins and having the sunrise come into your windows is a great way to wake up.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank mntravelgrl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Bessemer, AL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed our three days at the ranch. She is an experienced rider and I am not, but they were able to give me a great horse that was very patient with me. The other guests were a pleasure to work with and get to know, the food was excellent. The room was servicable, but that was the last reason we were there. The staff was incredibly helpful. We will be coming back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank martincr70
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2011

This place is amazing! There is no where else quite like it. If you want to feel like a real cow boy then this is the place! You drive huge heards, learn to rope. The horses are so clever and the wranglers are fantatic.

All the staff at the ranch are friendly and great at their jobs. Nothing is too much trouble. I felt right at home from the moment I arrived. The food is lovely and plentiful! There is a great gift shop that sells souvenirs as well as cow boy essentials.

I have booked again for next year, no need to look anywhere else - this is where it's at!

I don't have enough words to recommend the CCC highly enough. It is just pefect!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank WildWestWannabe
Bournemouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2011

Having visited now six times from the UK probably says everything. Gets better somehow
every time. Tom and Darcy fall over backwards to make everything great. This year, of the eleven people staying, nine had been before.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank oldmanBournemouth
Armagh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2011

I've just returned from my second visit to the Colorado Cattle Company and it was fantastic once again!! The staff at the ranch make the whole experience so wonderful from the horses, to the ranching activities right through to the wonderful food!! Thanks again folks and hope to return again soon!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Rachel34
Bement, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

I am amazed at what I learned about the west, cattle and horses from experiencing it for myself! I just returned from spending a week at the ranch and I'm making plans to return. Tom & Darcy, the owners, went above and beyond to make the week relaxing and enjoyable. They are the friendliest people I've ever met. I enjoyed the heated indoor pool and the hot tub & I would be doing a dis-service if I failed to mention the food,it's incredible! Life is GOOD!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank Cathy R
Denver, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2011

Exceptional place to stay. Very friendly people, both those working and those staying there. Love the idea that they "retire" their working animals instead of slaughtering them. It's the opportunity to either get involved with the working part of the ranch or just relax, hang out, swim in the indoor pool, laze in the hot tub, read on your private deck, or pet the resident cats and dogs. Great hosts! No pressure. Beautiful, serene, quiet prairie location unless there is one of the infamous Colorado thunder/lightening/hail/rain storms (come and go quickly)!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank DBSDenver

Been to Colorado Cattle Company? Share your experiences!