“An adventure/experience I intend to repeat!”

Colorado Cattle Company
Bement, IL
“An adventure/experience I intend to repeat!”
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I am amazed at what I learned about the west, cattle and horses from experiencing it for myself! I just returned from spending a week at the ranch and I'm making plans to return. Tom & Darcy, the owners, went above and beyond to make the week relaxing and enjoyable. They are the friendliest people I've ever met. I enjoyed the heated indoor pool and the hot tub & I would be doing a dis-service if I failed to mention the food,it's incredible! Life is GOOD!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank Cathy R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Denver, CO
Reviewed May 17, 2011

Exceptional place to stay. Very friendly people, both those working and those staying there. Love the idea that they "retire" their working animals instead of slaughtering them. It's the opportunity to either get involved with the working part of the ranch or just relax, hang out, swim in the indoor pool, laze in the hot tub, read on your private deck, or pet the resident cats and dogs. Great hosts! No pressure. Beautiful, serene, quiet prairie location unless there is one of the infamous Colorado thunder/lightening/hail/rain storms (come and go quickly)!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank DBSDenver
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 9, 2011

The only bad thing about this place is you don't want to leave! It's like having family over there that you know you can go see again. The riding was amazing, the food plentiful and delicious and the accommodation like home from home. Tom and Darcy are running this place with so much care and attention. The cowboys can teach you everything from roping to branding and make it all fun too. Just come back from my second visit and am already saving for next year!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Natasha270901
Armagh
Reviewed May 6, 2011

Went to the Colorado Cattle Company in September 2010 and had the time of my life!! Had very little horse riding experience but the staff and horses at the ranch were great! The ranch itself is a wonerful western experience and I look forward to returning in September this year to see Tom, Darcy and all the crew! Also, top marks for the food!!

• Stayed September 2010
3 Thank Rachel34
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed November 10, 2010

I have traveled a lot in my life. The Colorado Cattle Company was one of the best places I have ever visited, if not the best. After the first day I felt like I was staying with old friends and family. The Wranglers were knowledgeable, competent and always ready to help out or teach you anything you want to learn. The horses were great. The food was outstanding. My log cabin was clean and cozy and quiet with a nice porch and a view of the vast grasslands. Although I still need a lot of practice I learned to rope, barrel race, cut, and move cattle. Everyone that works there loves animals and you will always be around dogs, cats and horses. I would give this ranch 10 stars if they let me.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank kyle1128
Ireland
Reviewed October 24, 2010

Our stay at the CCC ranch for a week in September this year with the Southern Area Hospice Services group was such a wonderful experience, I will never forget it!

My first memory is arriving by coach and seeing all the staff waiting outside on the porch to greet us. We were truly made welcome from the second we arrived till the moment we left. Tom and Darcy are a wonderfully warm couple and the staff they have chosen to work with them are a credit to them. Everyone was so hospitable, polite and helpful, and generally great fun to be around. The ranch is run by a small team of big-hearted people!

This holiday is dedicated to horseback riding, and if that's what you're after you won't be disappointed. We were guided by experienced and patient helpers Frank and Larry who were always willing to offer individual advice when asked. Apart from many hours in the saddle, the schedule offered other activities including roping, clay pigeon shooting, a hot tub and an an indoor pool (unfortunately the water was too cold for most of our group).

Overall the staff couldn't do enough to make our stay pleasant, comfortable and enjoyable. I would be very keen to visit CCC again if I am lucky enough to have the opportunity.

• Stayed September 2010
Simi Valley, California
Reviewed October 8, 2010

The ranch itself is beautiful, well maintained and cared for. The owners, Tom and Darcy, really take pride in the place and the animals are all so well taken care of, it really makes a difference. All the people make you feel like family, from the wrangelers, to the owners and the cook, they are all the just great people. You can tell them what you want to focus on and they will do their best to accommodate you. If you are more interested in roping or getting better at riding or whatever, they are there to help make your trip the very best for you. If you love riding, being outdoors and learning new things I would highly reccommend checking this place out.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank gem2369

Been to Colorado Cattle Company? Share your experiences!