“Nice”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Castle
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This was my last stop on my a cation and it was nice to be in a place so clean and neat. The guy at the front desk is really pretty rude. At least say something, a grunt...something, when spoken to. The breakfast is typical continental fare, but still good when hungry.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Great price. Easy on/off access from I-70. Pets allowed for a $10.00/night fee. Nice grassy area to walk dogs. This Econo Lodge is nestled between the I-70 and a gas station/convenience store but don't let that fool you. There is a gorgeous mountain backdrop across I-70 that greets you as you enter and exit this motel! The Colorado River also flows next to I-70, but very hard to see from the motel grounds.

Room: King bed with plenty of pillows, very comfortable and clean. Recliner chair, desk & chair, microwave oven, refrigerator, coffee maker, alarm clock radio, hairdryer, flatscreen TV, free WiFi in room. (No iron or ironing board in room).

Indoor pool and hot tub, (did not use, but looked very clean). No fitness center.

Free Breakfast: Coffee, tea, cereal, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, make your own waffles, bagels, donuts, yogurt, bananas and canned peaches. No meats.

There is a train track that runs next to I-70, but we could only hear it when we were outside. We never heard it from inside our motel room. It didn't seem to run very much. The back side of the motel has a gas station/convenience store and a McDonald's across the street that you can walk to. A short drive further down the street, (or walk it if you choose), is a cute diner with good food, a small grocery store, a Subway store, a bank and a few other stores. Drive about 2-3 miles the other direction and you'll run into the small town of New Castle with a couple of eateries.
We were very satisfied with this Econo Lodge. The price was great compared to prices in Glenwood Springs and Aspen. It is approximately a 30-minute drive to Glenwood Springs, (cute, quaint town), and a 1-hour drive to Aspen, (and the John Denver Sanctuary). It was worth the drive considering the money we saved by staying at this Econo Lodge. Extremely friendly staff. I would definitely recommend this Econo Lodge. I give it 4-stars out of 5, (only because they don't have bacon or sausage on the breakfast offerings).

Room Tip: If you have a pet or cannot climb stairs, ask for a room on the first floor as there is no elevator...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank n2newz
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I liked it. It is reasonably priced and clean. The guy who owns the place was very friendly. His female partner though needs some attitude lessons for example she should hang up the phone when a guest is waiting in front of her. Overall it is a nice small motel

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I liked this hotel so much and think it's a hidden gem in the Rockies. The rooms are very nice and linens were clearly new. The bed was very comfortable but the pillows were too soft for me. I wish they had harder pillows. When I asked the clerk they brought me extra stiffer pillows. The service was prompt and very helpful.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Kim C
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I really liked this hotel. The night clerk on a Friday night was very nice. The room had a flatscreen. Also, the free breakfast was great. This is a very nice small little town in the heart of the mountains off of I70. I would rather stay at this property and save some money instead of the higher priced options in this area. I noticed a river running through the town with fly fishermen. Also, there were hiking trails. I drove in at night, when I woke up in the morning the light of day revelaed a picture perfect Colorodo scene.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
7  Thank THINGS2LIVE4
Reviewed August 5, 2012

DO NOT STAY HERE! We had an infestation of ants in our room. The staff is not friendly at all. The provide a breakfast of expired yogurt and touched most of the food with dirty cleaning gloves on. There was food in the refrigerator in the room that we are in that was expired for days and must have been from people that stayed in the room long before we did. When brought to the staffs attention we were yelled at and the man that works there was trying to intimidate us while being yelled at to calm down by his daughter who is the manager. ONE WORD DISGUSTING!

Room Tip: Dirty rooms
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Amira F
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Well....my wife and two children spent last night here. I would say that, in fairness, I had a few more problems with the guests than the hotel. (but I will get to that) We brought our small dog (10lbs) and was given a pet room. We were charged $10. (I thought that was on the low end so I was happy with that) When we got to our room, it had a very musty smell that I couldnt pinpoint but I think that it may have been smoked in at one time. The room was at the end of the hotel. The door to the the hallway from the outside would not lock and I saw some very shady people walking over from the gas station and go into the hotel. Our initial opinion of the room was not good. I did a quick repair on our toilet since it was broken. The sink did not drain. I didnt fix it. The television reception was like watching a grainy throwback from the 70's even though the television was a flat screen. Also, I could not get a signal from the Wi-Fi since we were on the far end of the hotel, but fortunately, the gas station across the street had a strong signal. As for the guests, the pool was full the entire time we were there. (I believe that there may have been a female summo conference in town, but I'm not sure.) Anyway, apparently, several of the guests slipped on the tile floor while leaving the pool and several complained to the young girl at the front desk. I walked by several times and heard them berating this poor girl about the situation. Hey,if your too large or too stupid to walk safely on tile with wet feet then maybe the problem isnt with the floor but maybe with the fact that if your over 300lbs or maybe you arent the smartest pencil in the box and you should use extra caution. (I'm just saying.....) Anyway....so you all know....the hotel changed its name to an EconoLodge, apparently last week, so you might get lost looking for the Rodeway Inn. Also, I did hear the train (this hotel is basically on the tracks) but it wasnt loud enough to keep me awake. (sleeping with my clothes on did that.)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Glenwood Suites
Glenwood Suites
#7 of 24 in Glenwood Springs
Quality Inn & Suites On The River
Quality Inn & Suites On The Rive...
#11 of 24 in Glenwood Springs
Best Western Antlers
Best Western Antlers
#5 of 24 in Glenwood Springs
Red River Inn
Red River Inn
#1 of 1 in Silt

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!