“clean, comfortable lodging bargain”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Castle
East Lansing, Michigan
“clean, comfortable lodging bargain”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We stay here whenever we visit our daughter in New Castle.... always have a clean and comfortable room and are treated well by the friendly owners. There is a fine continental breakfast in the morning. Sometimes rooms are scarce in Glenwood nearby, and rooms are more expensive there....if I were visiting Glenwood, I would drive a few miles and stay here.

Room Tip: higher floors are a little more quiet.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank golfnetyme

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Illinois
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Great value, nice big rooms, fridge, microwave, free internet. Great view of the mountains and a great view of the UP railroad tracks.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank gamemaster10476
Billings, Montana
Reviewed May 16, 2011

I spent the night here and I was quite pleased with the facility. I was a bit taken by the various TripAdvisor reviews which either loved it or hated it. The only somewhat negative experience I had was being greeted by only lots of used towels in the pool area since there was a large family who left with there towels everywhere. I had no further problems after the receptionist came cleaned up and re-stocked clean towels. The room was clean and quiet (even though it is close to I-70 and I had a room facing the highway). The breakfast area wasn't very big but it was tidy and there was an assortment of the usual items along with egg,bacon, and sausage. It's an easy drive to Glenwood Springs (famous for the natural pool) and it's a bit cheaper than hotels in the city of Glenwood Springs. I plan to stay here again soon.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank patwacinmt
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed November 8, 2010

We stayed here with our dog and small children. We checked in at night, lights didn't work. No towels, Quoted wrong, AAA discount was not honored. Breakfast was provided but cold food was warm and conditions were unsanitary. Manager argued with us upon checkout that AAA was quoted in price but won't be honored and then just walked away from us, mid conversation. We contacted customer service with few results and broken promises. We will NEVER stay here again. Too much of a hassle

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank jjlabloom
Springfield, VA
Reviewed August 8, 2010

This was a very nice hotel for our family traveling with teenagers, a five year old, parents, and grandparents. The kids enjoyed the pool, the rooms were very clean, the amenities nice. The hotel offered a nice continental breakfast. All in all, it was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank camoury
Iowa
Reviewed February 7, 2010

This is the cleanest Rodeway Inn I have ever seen! As soon as I checked in I was impressed at the receptionist she was very polite and helpful, she recommended a restaurant in "down town" but only a few blocks away, the breakfast was appetizing unlike many other places. I felt like i got a great deal, I payed less than one hundred dollars for a two pleople and one child. Also the pool was very nice! I had a great stay I hope you do too.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank mkmIowa
Bluewater, Ca
Reviewed April 21, 2009

This hotel is overall a great place to stay and staff is very helpful, rooms were nice clean, breakfast well above the average free breakfast. I was very impresed, Rodeway's are often older but this one felt like new i asked the front desk how old it was she said " almost 6" very well kept!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
#17 of 23 in Glenwood Springs
Rodeway Inn Glenwood Springs
Rodeway Inn Glenwood Springs
#15 of 23 in Glenwood Springs

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!