TripAdvisor
New Castle
Post
Inbox
Search

“One of the best places to eat in New Castle”
Review of New Castle Diner

New Castle Diner
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in New Castle
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 7, 2014

There are many better restaurants in Glenwood Springs, but for New Castle, this is nearly as good as it gets.

Date of visit: October 2013
Write a reviewReviews (114)

Reviewed December 1, 2013

I like to go there for breakfast because the omlets are always so fluffy. The diner is decorated like a 50's cafe and is a relaxed environment. I have been there for lunch and my boys really like the burgers there. I have always been pleased with the food and the price is reasonable. You can even have a local beer made here in Colorado or try the local made condiments like the ketchup and the mustards. I always like to support business's that buy local when they can. The wait staff changes at times but for the most part they give good service. Only once did I deal with someone who was very young and not very experienced, when the owner saw me get up to approach the waitress who was at the counter just chit chatting to ask for a refill. The owner came over and asked if we would like dessert pie, I was so stuffed I told him no thanks so he packed the pie for me to take home. :-)

Date of visit: November 2013
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I'm a local and have eaten here over 10X not once have I been happy with the service but last night I took some friends there and the cook was rude so it made me wonder what he was doing to my food an the 3 waitresses that were just standing around seemed to have nothing better to do than to be rude and talk about us In hearing range. I will just say I won't EVER be going back there. Lost a 26 year resident and I will not recommend this place to anyone.

Date of visit: November 2013
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Good service, excellent food, and a pleasant place to eat. The breakfasts here are excellent, a bit better than lunch or dinner. Very clean.

Date of visit: September 2013
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We ordered cowboy burger and fish & chip. Both were very good. We were offered standard and homemade ketchup. The later was awesome, reminded me my mom's ketchup.

Date of visit: October 2013