“terrible expirience!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sundance Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nederland
Sundance Lodge
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Nederland
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“terrible expirience!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

The guy who was checking in was ABSOLUTELY drunk! Very rude!Smoking in area when is not allowed. Filthy, FILTHY rooms! TV don't work, electricity went down, very cold in rooms, the heater did not worked, poor bathroom. Even that I was having pre payed two nights I stayed only one, the next morning I left the place. I never got money back, the guy never apologized. Do yourself a big favor and do not stay in that place. One night in that junk cost over 90$. Stay in Best Western- cost almost the same and the place is STUNNING! Clean, beautiful rooms! High quality of everything! Amazing experience! I could not believe what u can get for the same $ in two different places. It is like hell and heaven!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Agnieszka H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

On a recent trip to Colorado we booked two nights at Sundance. Over the phone I was told that they need to charge my credit card right away and there was no refunds if we checked out early. Of course this was very unusual but I agreed only to find out after we checked in why they do this. I travel for a living, staying at more hotels than the average vacationer. We were met in the office by a very intoxicated young man. The office was filled with cigarette smoke even though there were several signs that said NO Smoking. When we made a comment about the amount of smoke the young man (who apparently is the live in staff) stuck a cigarette out to me and asked if I wanted one. The smell of alcohol was so strong from this young man it was distracting. While we had reservations he wasn't sure what room we would be in. He grabbed several keys and we went to look at the rooms. When we got to our room he was very insulting to my wife and they actually got into a argument. I had to push him out of the room and told him to cool down. When I tried to explain that he was out of line he had only snappy come-backs. Seeing that there was no reasoning with him I turned and went back to the room. Getting into the room we found that the TV (satellite) was not functioning and so we had no TV. It was a cool night and so we turned on the heat only to discover that the heater didn't work. We stayed the night and left early the next morning and never returned for our second night. We had a friend staying in another room and when we talked to him about his room he said he couldn't tell how his room was because the power went out in his room and he didn't have any lights for the night. When he asked about getting the electricity turned back on he was told they couldn't. This was an amazingly bad experience and the worst experience I have ever had. Funny thing is, we asked in town about this young man and apparently he has a reputation and no one could understand why he was still employed there. Oh there is a reason there are no pictures of this hotel on line.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Stan2222

Travelers are raving about these Nederland hotels

Lawrenceville, Ga
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed in a $29. a night motel for $94. The airconditioner means opening the window, the bathroom has a toilet and a tub but if you go to the dinette area you have a sink and mirror, (some of us girls like those things), there can only be a 40 gallon hot water tank for all 12 units because if you come in after 10:00PM there is NO hot water and when I tried at 6:00AM I was rushed out by diminishing supply!! For some reason there was a saddle on a stand in our room and I'm sure you can imagine the comments from friends visiting. On the bright side, we had big beautiful towels and the shampoo, a lavender and rosemary concoction was lovely; I had to rush to rinse since the hot water was gone... Travis, the daytime staff is GREAT and open, eager to solve what situations he can but ... The house-cleaning staff is obviously not trained and it shows, dust webs in the corners, filthy window sills, the carpet.. what can I say. And the BAD part was when my girlfriends said that we had a great room compared to theirs .... and they were right!! P.S. The entire parking lot is all huge potholes BUT Do Not try the exit drive without 4-wheel drive!! We heard that the cafe is great and they seemed to be full all the time ... just don't stay there.

Room Tip: Best Western is just down the hill, may cost more but that's where we'll stay next year...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank carolyn021
Lawrenceville, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Sundance, fortunately for only one night. We were there becasue a friend was staying there, and asked us to stay in the same motel. We checked in at 10 AM prior to the previous guests checking out, and did not return until 10 PM. On entering the small, one room unit, for which we paid $93 based on a friend asking us to join her there, we found:L dirt on the back window, nothing other than a bath tub/shower and toilet in the bathroom (really--nothing else, a toilet that was not secured attached to the floor and leaned to the right when you did, and lastly--a bathroom window that was so filthy I used a wash cloth to rub the window sill and it came out BLACK!!!
Grass in the front had not been mowed in months, lights were missing from the lights along the walkway, and the carpet was aging badly.
Stay at the Best Western in town and avoid this motel whatever you do.
I wanted to talk to management the next morning, but there was no one there when we checked out just past 10 AM. I left a note, the keys, and the wash cloth from the bathroom.
The only thing I would recommend is the view from the front parking lot---unpaved and full of pot holes as it was.
Not sure what is going on--my guess is that the owner(s) are reluctant to put any money into daily cleaning and maintenance.
I did not go in our friends room, but their statement was their room was filthy---even before we saw our room.

Room Tip: If you want a room in Nederland, go to the Best Western.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank harmum
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

This was a last minute stay on our road trip and was an overall good experience. The place is a little on the older side but pretty clean except for the lingering past smoking aroma. The staff was casual and helpful. Found it strange that they only took Visa or Mastercard for payment... no cash, so keep this in mind when staying here. Restaurant was yummy and very conveniently located on premises.

• Stayed July 2012
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2012

I had an chance to try out the Sundance Lodge last weekend and really had a great time. The lodge is very well kept and everyone on staff is extremely friendly and helpful. We arrived early and our room was ready and we checked in immediately. Room was very clean and more than what we expected from a Mountain Lodge. There is a great little Cafe attached to the Lodge where we had some late night snacks and drinks. Again everyone at the Cafe was extremely friendly and made sure we were taken care of. We returned for breakfast Sunday morning before leaving and the breakfast was amazing. We will definitely return. Thank you for a very nice trip! Get a Monster Margarita from Hillary at the Sundance Cafe!

Room Tip: Get a Monster Margarita from Hillary at the Sundance Cafe!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Loveland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2012

Snuggly rooms, friendly staff, amazing view, and EXCELLENT food!! My husband and I spent the weekend there with the dogs and everything was great :) There is a nice area/hillside for the dogs to run around and explore just behind the lodge. We had a blast hanging out with the locals at the bar and met a bunch of wonderful people (mostly the staff) ;O)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nederland
Eldora Lodge
#2 of 2 in Nederland
Boulder Adventure Lodge
Boulder Adventure Lodge
#6 of 19 in Boulder

Been to Sundance Lodge? Share your experiences!