“Basic pub eats, friendly service”
Review of First Street Pub and Grill - CLOSED

Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Wyoming
“Basic pub eats, friendly service”
Reviewed September 4, 2011

We ended up here on Labor Day weekend, and every restaurant in town was packed. Sat out on the deck, which isn't much for ambiance. Service was understandably slow, but the waitress was quite friendly. Pizza had fresh vegetables and was well cooked, my friend's burger was solid. Prices are reasonable for a resort town.

• Visited September 2011

Atlanta
“Authentic and Tasty!”
Reviewed July 24, 2011

What a perfect spot for a delicious lunch. We passed through Nederland on vaca, and stopped here for lunch. What a treat. The food was wonderful and the setting was relaxing. Just the perfect little mountain bar/grill. They have outdoor seating, but the restaurant was cooler, so we stayed inside. The menu had great variety. Our dinners included everything from mahi-mahi to burgers and a vegan wrap - all were really amazing. Great experience. Adorable town. A very nice stop!

Visited July 2011
Nederland, Colorado
“Horrible Food”
Reviewed February 16, 2011

I have eaten at First Street a handful of times over the past year and will never order food there again. Every burger I've had there has been horribly overcooked, and when I've told the waitress about the problem, she just shrugs and says sorry. I once ordered the "Tat's Chicken" which was supposed to be accompanied by a "walnut cream sauce." 15 minutes after ordering, the waitress (whom I believe is the owner) approached my table and told me that they were out of walnuts, would I like almonds instead? I said yes, which was a huge mistake. Aside from both the pasta and chicken being horribly overcooked, the almonds were beyond the point of being burned. They were black. Not dark brown, but black. I pushed all of them to the side of the bowl and the waitress didn't even notice. Either the cooks in the kitchen are blind or just don't care, because there's no way those almonds could be mistaken for being toasted properly. They gave a bitter, acrid taste to the entire dish. The waitress/owner didn't even bother asking if I'd enjoyed my meal. While First Street is a decent place to go for a beer and a game of pool (as far as Ned goes, at least), I will never again order food there. I would highly recommend that you avoid any of the food as well.

• Visited January 2011
Austin, Texas
“damn good eats, damn good brews, damn good service”
Reviewed September 15, 2010

we have also heard they have damn good music, but have unfortunately only been able to visit during the day due to travel schedule. my husband's review, "the tuna appetizer is the best use of tuna ever created by any chef in any restaurant, a must order!"

we have sampled many items on the menu, from burgers to salads to appetizers and have been impressed with everything. the bar has a warm mountain feel with fantastic service. you can enjoy a tasty cold local brew while playing pool or just enjoy conversation with friends.

whenever we are in the area, a stop at first street pub and grill is always on the itinerary!

Bloomington, Minnesota
“Why go anywhere else?!”
Reviewed September 15, 2010

The pub is a piece of Ned history, down to the tiny hole in the ceiling above the bar (you’re gonna have to ask, I’m not giving it away). Great food (ample menu), lots to drink in comfortable surroundings, all in a laid back atmosphere. We must have been 12 or 13 guests and they didn’t miss a beat with our drinks or food. If only there was a local pub like this around my neighborhood... (my name would be Norm)!