“Has its up and downs..”

and up
Private Scenic Airplane Tour Over Denver and the Rockies
Ranked #2 of 10 things to do in Nederland
More attraction details
Owner description: Eldora is just 21 miles from Boulder and 45 miles from Denver. Avoid the stress of I-70's notorious congestion. Eldora is a locals-friendly mountain, relaxed and unpretentious. One of Colorado's best kept secrets for families. There's something for everyone - steeps, bumps, glades, terrain park, groomed corduroy for cruising. A Children's Center where learning to ski or snowboard is fun. 40km of x-country and snowshoe trails. Free close-in parking and RTD bus service that drops you 50ft from the lift.
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Has its up and downs..”
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

First of all..it was my first time snowboarding so I can't really compare to other locations. From a newbie point of view, here's what I gathered:

1.Very friendly staff will help set you up with your equipment and even help you put it on if you're completely lost like me.

2. Don't ask for help if you didn't pay to get a lesson. -When my hubby asked one of the trainers that are out on the mountains for any tips for a newbie (I couldn't even stand up once we got dropped off on top of mountain) his answer was "you shouldve paid for a lesson if you didn't know what you were doing"..REALLY? Spent almost $700 to get an answer like that..

3. After the rude guy..one of the other teachers felt bad and offered his help and stayed with us for about 20 min. I understand if we didn't pay it's our fault...maybe be a little more polite and friendly with the guests when turning them away.

It's a nice, decent place..A little on the small size so it was good to get practice. I def will try Breckenridge or somewhere else next time!

2 Thank iifabz

Estes Park, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Big crowd, small facilities”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Eldora has decent terrain but the facilities are too small for the crowds that the mountain draws. Any time we were in any of the buildings, we were elbow to elbow with the masses. There was very little room to get changed, in the lodge, and there was even less room to stow items such as duffle bags or shoes. I'd be more eager to go back if the facilities could accommodate the crowds.

Visited February 2014
4 Thank John A
Minneapolis, MN
526 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 679 helpful votes
“Decent skiing, windy, cold”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Decent skiing here. Close to Boulder. It was VERY windy and cold today. Some good runs overall but as others have said the grooming is poor. Lots of ice.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank lucycan
Boulder, Colorado
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Grooming going downhill fast”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Eldora is a beautiful little ski resort, close to Boulder and away from the I-70 traffic nightmare. They have a good mix of downhill terrain, with something for everyone from beginner to expert, and an extensive cross country trail network.

I've skied there for over 40 years, but can no longer recommend it. Eldora gets plenty of snow, but also plenty of skiers and a bit too much wind. They've made this combination work for decades with some of the best snow grooming in the business.

Alas, something has changed, and the grooming this season has been very poor. Worse, they report runs as groomed that are not. This suggests a fundamental lack of honesty on the part of management that makes you wonder what else is going on you don't know about. Lift maintenance? Employee training? Who knows, but it's a bad sign.

My recommendation is to take your business elsewhere until they get the message.

Visited January 2014
10 Thank milburnski
West Hartford, Connecticut
167 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 156 helpful votes
“Nice local ski mountain”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We enjoyed our recent visit to Eldora. It is a great mountain with a good beginner area on the front side and more advanced area, including gladed skiing on he back / right side of mountain. he RTD bus ride ($5 on way adults, $2.50 child) from Boulder was about 50 minutes and dropped us off right in front of the lodge... no problems with parking. It beats the traffic up I-70 and was easier on the wallet. We'll visit again when in the area.

Visited December 2013