“Great food and beer, slow-ish service”
Review of Wild Mountain Smokehouse - CLOSED

Wild Mountain Smokehouse
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Brew Pub
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
New Hampshire Lakes Region, New Hampshire
“Great food and beer, slow-ish service”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stopped at Wild Mountain after a snowy hike in the Indian Peaks last weekend, like we've done several times before. Wild Mountain is our go-to place in Nederland after hiking and skiing above town. This time we brought some friends from out of town with us. The food was tasty as always - lots of pulled pork, brisket, chicken and sides (the baked beans are my favorite. The nachos with added chicken are also very tasty. The beers were great - the Red in particular this time. But, unfortunately, we had very slow service - a first for Wild Mountain. We waited about 30 minutes to get our first beers and to have our orders taken, then over an hour to get our food. The restaurant was swamped, so maybe that had something to do with it, but it's usually pretty busy in there anyway.

Overall, solid food and tasty beer, but we were let down by the service this one time.

• Visited October 2013

United States
“Best brewery food we've ever had”
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

We took a day off and did a fall color drive up this way. We stopped at Wild Mountain for lunch. I had the soup of the day- tomato basil and salad with citrus tarragon dressing and my husband had the wings. All the good was homemade, including the salad dressing and you could totally tell, it was super fresh. We split a sampler of beer, which is served on an old ski, and there wasn't a bad one in the bunch. We decided it was probably the best brewery food ed had ever had. We will definitely go again when we are in the area.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Good, and they need to make a few improvements”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

* Super friendly hostess
* Friendly waitress
* Great view off of the patio of both the mountains and a local garden
* If you like barbeque, you will have a lot of choices here
* It took FOREVER to receive our order
* Parking is on the street or in the town lot a block away
* I ordered a side of mashed potatoes and it came in a tiny plastic container-slightly larger than the ones used for salad dressing when you get a salad to-go, but otherwise the food was yummy

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank WhirledTravels28
Denver, Colorado, United States
“Great locally brewed beer”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

My husband loves the beer here and buys it to take home too. We ate on the deck on a lovely Nederland afternoon. Everyone liked their food. This is a laid back, busy, pleasant place. I had beans and a slider sandwich (an appetizer) and was quite content. It's not fast food. It's not great service. It's a slice of Nederland.

• Visited July 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great Atmosphere, OK food”
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Stopped at this restaurant while on a jeep drive in Nederland. Wish I would have read the trip advisor reviews a little closer as this restaurant was just ok.

Got seated really quick, however, due to the crowd took awhile to get our beverages and served.

My husband had the pulled pork special and I had their smoked ribs as they were recommended. The pork was ok but portions were small for what you paid for. The smoked ribs were not to my liking. They were very chewy and dry. The dry rub was ok but lacking salt.

Everything has the BBQ sauce on the side as they let you choose what sauce you want. My husband chose a Thai coconut milk sauce. Doesn't sound good but it was excellent. I had the Texas style sauce and didn't care for it. Had a little too much vinegar and not thick enough.

Overall it was just ok.