“Good, and they need to make a few improvements”
Review of Wild Mountain Smokehouse - CLOSED

Wild Mountain Smokehouse
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Brew Pub
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Good, and they need to make a few improvements”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

* Super friendly hostess
* Friendly waitress
* Great view off of the patio of both the mountains and a local garden
* If you like barbeque, you will have a lot of choices here
* It took FOREVER to receive our order
* Parking is on the street or in the town lot a block away
* I ordered a side of mashed potatoes and it came in a tiny plastic container-slightly larger than the ones used for salad dressing when you get a salad to-go, but otherwise the food was yummy

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank WhirledTravels28

Denver, Colorado, United States
“Great locally brewed beer”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

My husband loves the beer here and buys it to take home too. We ate on the deck on a lovely Nederland afternoon. Everyone liked their food. This is a laid back, busy, pleasant place. I had beans and a slider sandwich (an appetizer) and was quite content. It's not fast food. It's not great service. It's a slice of Nederland.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great Atmosphere, OK food”
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Stopped at this restaurant while on a jeep drive in Nederland. Wish I would have read the trip advisor reviews a little closer as this restaurant was just ok.

Got seated really quick, however, due to the crowd took awhile to get our beverages and served.

My husband had the pulled pork special and I had their smoked ribs as they were recommended. The pork was ok but portions were small for what you paid for. The smoked ribs were not to my liking. They were very chewy and dry. The dry rub was ok but lacking salt.

Everything has the BBQ sauce on the side as they let you choose what sauce you want. My husband chose a Thai coconut milk sauce. Doesn't sound good but it was excellent. I had the Texas style sauce and didn't care for it. Had a little too much vinegar and not thick enough.

Overall it was just ok.

Nederland, Colorado
“Waiting for Wings”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband and I have had poor service here in the past but decided to give them another try. We had to wait to be seated, wait for the waitress to notice us then wait over an hour for one order of wings. The wings and beer are great but an hour for wings, really??

Missouri
“The Worst Food We Had on our Trip”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We were passing through the area and stopped in for lunch. I had done some research and had planned on eating at another place but my husband was craving bbq so we stopped in without reading any reviews, etc.

If you check my reviews, I am usually pleased with something or have specific issues. However, there is NOTHING good to write about this restaurant other than the location and building is nice.

Service was SLOW. We even saw people get up and leave after waiting at their tables for extended times. Some people left waiting to be seated and not acknowledged.

As for the meal -
My husband ordered the ribs and said they tasted as dry as they appeared to be. He actually said that it was the worst bbq he had ever had. From where I was sitting, it looked like jerky.

I ordered the salmon and potato cakes. The salmon was good but the potato cakes were so over cooked that I could not cut them with a butter knife.

Not once we were checked on after our food was brought out nor were our drinks refilled.