“Waiting for Wings”

Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Nederland, Colorado
“Waiting for Wings”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband and I have had poor service here in the past but decided to give them another try. We had to wait to be seated, wait for the waitress to notice us then wait over an hour for one order of wings. The wings and beer are great but an hour for wings, really??

Missouri
“The Worst Food We Had on our Trip”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We were passing through the area and stopped in for lunch. I had done some research and had planned on eating at another place but my husband was craving bbq so we stopped in without reading any reviews, etc.

If you check my reviews, I am usually pleased with something or have specific issues. However, there is NOTHING good to write about this restaurant other than the location and building is nice.

Service was SLOW. We even saw people get up and leave after waiting at their tables for extended times. Some people left waiting to be seated and not acknowledged.

As for the meal -
My husband ordered the ribs and said they tasted as dry as they appeared to be. He actually said that it was the worst bbq he had ever had. From where I was sitting, it looked like jerky.

I ordered the salmon and potato cakes. The salmon was good but the potato cakes were so over cooked that I could not cut them with a butter knife.

Not once we were checked on after our food was brought out nor were our drinks refilled.

Massachusetts, United States
“Great food, beer and atmosphere! What more could you want?”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

My sisters and I visited Wild Mountain Smokehouse three times while on our vacation. We couldn't get enough of the mountain views from the porch bar and the tastiest quesadilla we've ever had. I would concur with many of the other reviews that it isn't the speediest service, but I also understand there is no "rush" in the mountain town of Nederland and while I was on vacation we weren't in any hurry. It's a great place to take it all in and have a beer while you wait! Two of the times that we were there we stayed quite late enjoying the porch and local brews and never once felt rushed to leave after last call. Great service! I already miss the smell of the smoker:)

Loveland, Colorado, United States
“Tasty food in a fun little town.”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

All of the food was wonderful and seemed freshly made rather than frozen or prepared ahead of time w/ fresh ingredients. The scenery was also great out on the back deck where we had a nicely shaded view of the mountains and town. Our only complaints were that our daughter's Chicken Quesadilla had no chicken, they didn't bring the chips or salsa that came along w/ it and they charged us extra for an extra cup of au jus since we split a sandwich. Otherwise it was a very tasty stop for lunch!

Boulder, Colorado
“Great Beer, Good Food, ok service”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Been here a few times. The food is really good, especially some of the appetizers and small plates. Good fries. Tasty BBQ sauces. Quesadilla awesome. Beer selection varies, their own beers seem quite tasty. Service was friendly but spacey....the waters didn't come until we were almost done with dinner, same thing with my second beer which I wanted with my spicy BBQ. Ketchup never did show up.....

• Visited June 2013