“Great Staff, Very clean rooms and an Amazing location”

Mount Princeton Hot Springs Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Nathrop
“Great Staff, Very clean rooms and an Amazing location”
Reviewed December 20, 2010

We were plesantly supprised at how nice our room was; our room was large and included a deck with table and chairs outside of our sliding glass door. We were in the building highest up the hill and the views were incredible. Every member of the staff was great to us from start to finish and the bar/restaurant is a great hangout. We were here for a wedding and the layout worked great... unique in it's design but very easy to work with.

• Stayed December 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (519)
  • Korean first
Reviewed December 10, 2010

It was supposed to be the highlight of my Anniversary weekend; soak in the hot springs after a day of outdoor activity. Wow, what a disappointment. We didn't stay at the hotel, but only visited the "hot springs', which is only 2 pools. One is a lap pool, the other is supposed to be a soaking pool, but there are NO seats at all. So, you're supposed to just stand up and relax. What added to the annoyance was that both pools were overwhelmed by loud kids screaming and playing wth their blow up toys. I thought it was supposed to be a peaceful & relaxing place, but far from it.
The creekside pools were a joke. They run along the length of the place, but there's only one way to access them - and that's at the very end. So, if you want to sit in a pool in the middle of the chain, you have to walk over rocks, try not to slip and fall or break your ankle, and walk through other people's pools. It was horrible! Plus, the pools are only a cople inches high, so you do't get submerged unless you lie down, but the ground was so hot that our butts were burning within 5 seconds.
In addition, for the seamingly cheap day price of $15, you get access to basically one pool if you want to avoid the creekside crap and the lap pool, and they only give you one towel. That's to use to dry you off outside and after your shower, which y that time the towel is soaked. There is nothing luxurious about this place and I feel for you if this is the best Hot Springs you've ever been to. For the same price of $15 or a full day pass, I'd recommend Ojo Caliente in NM. Now THAT is a good deal!! Peace, quiet (they have a max talking volume), no kids, multiple mineral pools plus mud bath and all the towels you'd ever need, not to mention a shower and bath tub. Mt. Princeton was far from relaxing and I wanted to leave and get my money back after only 20 minutes.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
6 Thank sapphire904
Iowa City
Reviewed November 26, 2010

This is a beautiful place. The hot springs are fantastic, with lots of space for everyone and temperatures for everyone. Tons for kids and adults as well. Our room was in the cliffside rooms overlooking the resort. Beautiful view. It was really quiet the first couple of days, but when we had neighbors, we ended up listening to both couples talk till late in the night. They could use some sound insulation. Otherwise, the room was beautiful, if sparsely furnished. The fridge and bar area were great. Could have used a microwave. Housekeeping was spotty, but when I mentioned it, they took 15% off the room. We had massages twice from an excellent LMT, Regina. She is one of the most skillful I have ever met. We really enjoyed the area, taking little trips everyday, especially the drive up to St Elmo. There are great restaurants in Buena Vista, a healthfood store, and a great yarn shop. So everyone was happy.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lchris
Reviewed November 22, 2010

Our family recently stayed at Mount Princeton Hot Springs Resort. Several months ago I posted a complaint and notified management of my disappointment with the locker rooms. They informed me the locker rooms were scheduled to be remodels in the coming months and asked us to please return following the renovations. In November our family returned, the locker rooms have been tiled and new lockers installed. The locker room area is still a little cramped, however the facilities and grounds are beautiful. A wonderful resort, with a management team who truly cares about your experience. If you need to get away for some relaxation I would highly recommend a trip to Mt. Princeton Hot Springs. P.S. the prime rib at the restaurant is magnificent!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank AlohaMgonz
Colorado Springs, CO
Reviewed November 21, 2010

The springs are good, nice clean pools and fun little warm natural soaking spots alongside the stream. The restaurant was the worst. There were 2 other occupied tables for a grand total of less than 8 people dining, and it took over 10 minutes for the server to swing by and say hi. Another 10 before one of our drinks got there. The food arrived cold and the order was wrong. One server took my boyfriend's drink to refill it after the food arrived, and never returned with it. We ordered soup, and never got it. No one ever asked if everything was OK. We didn't get silverware with our food. We're both pretty laid back, but service was terrible, the food was far below expectations, and when we left the server was visibly and audibly disappointed in her tip, which was about 13%, far more than she deserved. I'll go to the pools again (so nice after mounting a 14er), but in the future I'll pack a picnic.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank jenissing
Reviewed November 15, 2010

My sister and I wanted a get-away to relax and do whatever we felt like doing. I'd never been to a hot springs and assumed the water would smell like sulpher, but I was wrong. Whether we were in the creek or any of the numerous pools and hot tubs, the water was crystal clear with no odor. I can't describe the feeling of soaking outside in a hot pool of water when the temperature is in the 30s. We loved the quiet solitude of our beautiful cabin. The beds were the most comfortable I've ever slept in. The staff was friendly and helpful and the on-site store was a definite plus. I can't wait to repeat the wonderful experience.

• Stayed November 2010
1 Thank gviere
denver, co
Reviewed October 24, 2010

I recently visited Mt Princeton to see the aspens changing for fall and wanted a little getaway to get a caught up on some busy work while trying to relax a bit all at once. Myself and my beautiful Shauna arrived and checked in. It wasn't my first visit, but with all the improvements to the place it felt as if it was. We stayed in a new cabin and really loved everything about it from the smell to the bedding. The new pools were beautiful and the restaraunt and bar were very nice and relaxing to work, eat, drink, etc. The nice foreign lady at the front desk was very helpful and even told me about all the best trails around to see the changing aspens. The one thing that the placed lacked was room service. My beautiful Shauna has a little trouble getting around with her weight problem. She wasn't able to get room service, but we did have a semi full kitchen where we made a fried chicken with all the fixens. We will be back next year!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nathrop
Salida Inn & Monarch Suites
#1 of 8 in Buena Vista
Super 8 Buena Vista
Super 8 Buena Vista
#2 of 3 in Buena Vista

Been to Mount Princeton Hot Springs Resort? Share your experiences!