1,996 results
All reviewscliffside roombuena vistajuice barrelaxation poolthe riverupper poolbath housefamily poolspa areaadult poolhot poolsghost townprinceton hot springslarge cabinovernight guestscascading poolslocker room
Reviewed October 20, 2010

This "resort" has a lot of nerve charging the rates they do. I would be willing to pay AT MAX $49/night. The "new renovations" were to the tiny bathroom only. The rest of the room was scary. No AC, only a sliding screen door which is accessible by the patio area to ANYONE!!! Owners have done a great job with the lobby area, but they have spent $0 on the cliffside rooms. So disappointed we are "protesting" the rate charge w/ our credit card company. They have you "cornered" on the resort, your only choice is to eat at THEIR restaurant (good food, but very pricey and very poor service).

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank mibusyrn
Reviewed October 3, 2010

We stayed in a cabin at Mt. Princeton in July for 2 nights and the whole family agreed that it was the best part of our Colorado vacation. The staff was friendly, the cabin was extremely clean and had everything that we need (except for an outdoor grill), the pools were fantastic and the location couldn't be more beautiful.

We stayed in a huge creekside cabin and intended to use it as a base camp to explore the area. My kids had such a great time in the pools that they didn't want to do much exploring, they only wanted to spend hours sliding down the water slide. It did give me a chance to find a trout stream nearby though while they swam with my wife. I'm not a big swimmer, but I have to admit that I also enjoyed the warm waters of the pools. All the pools were big and roomy, we never felt it was overcrowded even though there were quite a few families using them.

We brought all our own food and drinks and prepared all our meals at the cabin, the kitchen was fully stocked with all utensils, coffee pot and a toaster. Our evenings were spent sitting in rockers on our back porch listening to the creek rush by and watching a couple of mule deer feed in the side yard of the cabin. Our cabin had a flat panel TV with satellite, but the only time the kids wanted to turn it on was to watch cartoons while eating breakfast. Our trip was in late July and were worried about not having air conditioning, but we opened the windows at night and turned the ceiling fans on and ended up having a pleasantly cool breeze move through the whole cabin, including the loft.

All in all, the 2 1/2 days we spent at Mt Princeton were the highlight of our trip. Looking back, there isn't anything that I'd want to change. We had read the reviews on this site before booking and felt confident that we'd have a good vacation. We went with reasonable expectations and ended up experiencing the perfect family vacation. We will be going back next year, the only thing that we'll do different is to stay longer and bring friends to share it with.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2010

I've been visiting Mt. Princeton Hot Springs Resort for five consecutive years, a few times each year. My most recent visit was Tuesday of this week; I ended up staying an additional night because I wasn't ready to leave this relaxing environment nestled between Colorado 14ers and the Chalk Cliffs . Every year I visit, improvements have been made. The cabins are incredibly comfortable, complete with kitchens, porches/balconies overlooking the pools and river, a gas fireplace, and cozy beds with high quality bedding. I slept soundly with the windows open, listening to the river. The most recent improvement/addition is the upper pool, long enough for lap swimming; and there are several smaller, rock-lined pools surrounding it which is a nice touch. When I want to lounge and try some of the hotter springs, I hang out in the natural hot springs along the river - you can just float on your back and look up at the stars if you're soaking at night. Best experience!

Everyone who works here is very accommodating and friendly. The restaurant can be a bit pricey if you have a large family to feed, but again, the cabins have somewhat fully-stocked kitchens to cook all meals and you can zip into town (Buena Vista or Salida) and dine at a variety of restaurants. This is my favorite getaway in Colorado, and quite possibly the U.S. This is saying a lot because I'm a native of Denver and I've traveled to just about every place you can think of in the U.S.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 28, 2010

I decided to continue the tradition of taking my mom to a hot springs for her birthday. Last year I took her to Pagosa Springs. The weather was absolutely beautiful and the aspens were starting to change. The waitstaff are all very jolly, friendly, and helpful. I found the resort to be clean, orderly, nicely decorated, and modernly updated. We stayed in the lodge, and the rooms were large and I found the beds extremely comfortable. I slept really well, although I suppose that could be from sitting in the hot springs prior to falling asleep. We didn't spend much time in the room, but from time to time when we'd stop in, it did seem stuffy every once in a while, and that was with the window open. They do give you fans, and like others mentioned, I don't believe they have AC. Once I set up a fan, it helped quite a bit. If you really like drinking cold mountain tap water, don't plan on getting it here. The cold water barely got cold. I'm guessing it's because their well is so close to the hot spring. When comparing to Pagosa Springs, I had a few things I didn't like. If you stay in the lodge like we did, you have to walk across the parking lot and down several stairs to get to the pool area. There are 2 pool areas if you're staying in the hotel. The adult only pool is across the stream and an added walking distance. Basically they have 3 swimming pools full of hot water. They offer you noodles for float devices. There's no where to sit comfortably to just relax unless you sit on the stairs in the way of everyone coming in and out, so basically you have to just stand around. I didn't like this aspect very much. My mom also has problems with her ankles, and I didn't like having her walk up and down the stairs. I later found out that I could have driven around to some side street that has handicap access, but that didn't seem convenient. Not to mention that once you're warm and completely relaxed, the last thing you want to do is hike up a bunch of stairs back to your room before you fall asleep. Overall, I found this resort comfortable, clean, and enjoyable. The food in the restaurant was good. I wouldn't put it in the excellent category, although it tasted better than the dinner we had in Buena Vista. I'd have to say I liked the hot springs better in Pagosa, but the hotel and setting in Mt. Princeton is nicer.

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed September 28, 2010

I recently stayed at Mt. Princeton Hot Springs and was very impressed. This resort is located at the base of Mt. Princeton and the unique white chalk cliffs -- an incredibly beautiful place. We were there just last weekend (Sept 2010) to do some leaf watching and couldn't have picked a better time.

My boyfriend and I stayed in a cabin since we booked last minute and the smaller rooms were filled. But we were so pleased that we'll be back with family members or friends.

The log cabin looked brand new, and it was extremely roomy, with a front porch (complete with wooden rockers) a fully equipped kitchenette, full size dining area, living room space with leather furniture, tv, wood stove, 2 baths, 2 bedrooms on the main floor and a huge loft space with 2 more beds. You could easily add some air beds upstairs as well. It's a great space for a large family or a reunion? and could easily sleep 8-12. The furniture is all custom made wood with gorgeous inlay. Beds were comfy and linens were quite lovely. Probably larger than my condo - you don't feel crowded at all. We joked about living there.

We ended up inviting friends over for breakfast and saved money on eating out. We also spent more time enjoying the hot springs because there are a couple of pools, plus smaller "hot tub" style pools and also an area right on the river where you can get in and enjoy the more natural hot spring experience.

Water temp is awesome (like other hot sprints) and probably different temps in different pools, although we were just in a couple. Everything is very clean and well kept. The pool lodge is historic, and we heard they had recently done some updates, which would explain some of the other comments we read. But it is all finished and everything was open to us.

We'll definitely be back!

Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple